Chapter One-Pilot

Chapter 1- Pilot

             Training....training AND TRAINING! That's all I've been trying to do since that-that shit happened! "Get over yourself Chibi, it was all for a good cause." Well quite frankly compared to that? I didn't give a damn about the cause! I gave a damn about them! Why couldn't you people see that?
             Suddenly I was stuck in that hole again. Hearing the news and being stupid enough to try and think I could do something about it. It was their mission. What place was I in to try and stop it? Damn it—! Stupid bastards. Who in the hell would think that plan would work?! It wasn't enough. But my papa knew that right from the start. He would tell me they didn't have the right "strength" to take part in the obstacles ahead. I don't know. It all sounds like bullshit to me. The right strength— like come on! I thought we could overcome it all. Together.
               -alarm goes off-
      -slams down hand turning it off-
Rubbing my eyes I can hear my papa chanting from the kitchen. "Chi! Chi! I made your favorite yum-my!"
"Danieru Tsuyoi." Others may know him from being our 5th retired Commander, or the fact that he was one of our strongest fighters. YES! Many have hated my papa had to retire but the others? Oh they were very glad. Rumor has it that he is a hotheaded, loud, control freak!  Can you believe that? Ugh! People these days.
"CHI CHI!!! I MADE YOUR FAVORITE YUM-MY!"
-As I see pieces of my ceiling fall down- "Ugh! PAAA I am coming!"
"We wouldn't want you being late." As he switches back to chanting.
   I sit up slowly and look out my window. "Damn— I really gotta do this shit today huh?" Quietly to myself. I look at the edge of my bed and see Mango, my bright orange cat. "Let's go Mango! It's breakfast time!!" I grab him and skip out of the room.
"There you guys are. I was worried you two went back to sleep and left me to eat all this  yummy food myself." My papa says as I pull my chair. "Not a chance in hel— I mean not a chance!" Shit! I look up and he's just smiling at me. "Papa I'm sorr-"
He cuts me off immediately. "Eat!" He then places my plate in front of me. I look and its my favorite. Nicely seasoned grits with a sunny side up. "Today is exciting Chibi. No need to apologize for feeling excited."
He's happy. At least one of us can be today. My smile fades and I'm just looking at my food.  "Chi-" as he tries reaching for my hand. I quickly then grab my fork. "This is gonna be so good! After all, I'm going to need all the strength I can get for today, right? Such a big day!"
Breathe. Just breathe. Damn it!
"Chibi?"
"Yes pa?" I look up and smile at him from ear to ear.  "You don't have to try and fool me. It is okay to still get nightmares—"
   At this rate I won't be able to breathe. I won't be able to think! It all faded out but I can still hear his voice. Why me? Why today? Why now?
"Chibi!" As he slams his palm into the middle of the table, Mango is jumping onto my lap and suddenly I'm back again. I stand up fast holding tight to Mango. We are just standing there looking at each other. As he goes to open his mouth I grab my chair and push it under. "Papa I have to finish getting ready. Today is a big day for me as it is for you." He looks down as I turn my back to walk out of the kitchen. "I love you, Pa."
     I regret for not letting my papa in too much. I'm just afraid he wouldn't understand. He can't right? He was the one who said they didn't have the right strength. Talking about it would just mean more training so that I will not fail in my obstacles ahead.

        "I'm done!" As I tighten my hair clip.
-starts doing warrior poses in the mirror- "Chibi Tsuyoi! The one and only—"
-tap tap-
   Startled, I look over to my window. Oh shit. I see a black cloak. It's Monsai and he's— laughing?! Stomping over I then grab the window and slam it open! "You bastard! You creep—!"
-me rambling on-
"Someone sure is excited for the big day." As he climbs through the window.
"You ass- wait what? Me!? Excited?! Hardly." I turn from him and continue looking in the mirror. He glares and smirks at me. "Oh. So you must be excited to wear that outfit for all the boys then huh?"
I stop and turn in frustration—nothing. He's gone.
"Shit Monsai!" I quickly grab my bag, close my window and head out hoping to catch him in time. Monsai. He's strong, fearless. I can't help but think sometimes that he has something else about him that no one knows—. Whatever. He'd tell me. I think.
    I run out my house fast! Holding onto my bag tightly. Running. I can feel the wind blowing through my hair and all its curls and suddenly I feel happy and free. I can't help but to be excited for today., right?
"HaHA!" I wave to everyone I pass just smiling as hard as I can. Some folks hesitate and some don't. I don't blame them.

-SMACK!-
What the hell? Did someone just hit me? I rub my eyes and open them to see someone sitting across from me doing the same. Wait— I haven't seen him around before. Still, he should watch where he's going. "Hey you asshole! Did you not see where you were going!?"
We stand up and he turns his face a little towards me. Eyes to eye?! OH SHIT.
"I have an excuse for not seeing all the way. What's yours you little shit!" Little? HE CALLED ME LITTLE!?! My mouth dropped and so did my eyebrows. "How dare you!" As I quickly clutch my bag and put it behind me I put one foot in front of the other. He notices immediately and smiles. "Yeah! You. Little. Shit!" I quickly lunge forward out of pure anger. "I'm gonna beat your ass, you bastard!" I swing. My hand is going through his face? Wait...what? I tumbled forward and turn and it's like his body fades away. Was it even his body? I look over at the alleyway nearby and he's there smiling at me. How the hell did he get there so fast? I go to run in his direction and he runs off.
"Chibi!" As someone grabs the top of my head. I turn to look up and it Monsai. "Monsai!" I was looking for you! Wait hold on that asshole called me little and I don't take that lightly! We have to chase him!"
I turn to run off again and he just moves his hand and places it on my shoulder. "We're going to be late if we don't head that way now Chibi-Chan."
I sigh. "I guess you're right.......Monsai-Chan." He blushes and we start heading to our destination. Our fate.