Chapter 18- When We Rise

Dammit! This is happening right now! Okay okay....I'll keep heading around him towards his right side. That should do it!
This bastard nods his head signaling her to attack, "Clocks ticking now" he whispers. Tsuki chuckles, "Stay back guys. I got this" then runs up to him at full speed. She swings forward a couple of times and he leans backwards dodging them. Kash and Monsai stay behind watching her every movements. Tsuki huffs and then swings again adding her flames. His eyes widen as he leans backwards again to dodge them. He fumbles back and catches his step. Tsuki doesn't stop. She kicks out her leg aiming for his left side while she throws her fist, aiming for his face. He lifts his arms up to block his face but ends up getting kicked instead! Yes! He tumbled backwards, "Huh...Nice" he scoffs and he jumps in place. He then proceeds to take his stance again but with one hand extended out.
I get closer to him...I'm just waiting for the right time but I've also noticed that....he hasn't even looked this way once! That's good! His weak spot. Perfect!

Tsuki continues attacking this bastard. She throws a two piece and he blocks them both. As she throws another flaming punch he ducks underneath it and runs around her. Damn he moves fast! He drops down and swings his leg again but she jumps just in time!
Now!
I dash immediately! Tsuki notices me coming towards them both from her left and immediately slings flames down cause smoke to appear. It separated US from the 3 of them. SHIT. I cannot fail.
The bastard quickly moved out of the way once he seen her swing, flipping backwards. As he stands, I charge faster swinging with everything I've got. He's facing forward so he shouldn't see me!
As my fist flies towards his face, he leans forward ducking down.
"Ehhh!!" I shriek.
I stumble forward but I stand my ground. Literally.
"It gets worse. Everytime" he sighs.
"Shut up!" I shout.
I then quickly stomped onto the ground causing a pillar to send him flying up. He clutches onto his bag before digging inside of it. Shit! What the hell else is in that damn bag! I need to get that shit away from him!
Stomping onto the ground after, I closed my fists forming a wide hole. When he lands, I'll trap him!
Looking back up I notice that he pulls out a pen-like sized object out of his bag just before it expands into that damn staff again! Damn!
I can see Tsuki and the guys running up beside me from the corner of my eyes as he's falling back down. The mother fucker takes his staff and slams it into the center of the hole and of course sends us flying back a couple steps.
Tragic.

"Geez! Are we going to be doing this all day?" the guy scoffs.
Monsai quickly walks past me to stand ahead. I felt the vibe shift.
Monsai stands there glaring at him.
"What? It's late and I have stuff to do! You're not taking this guy, okay?!" the guy shouts.
"You were the one to take him from us! We are simply just getting him back" Monsai replies. The guy huffs and turns to Diego. Then turns again. Suddenly he looks to us, "No fucking way!" he growls.
Confused, "What? WHAT!?" I shriek.
"No...NO! It's all y'all's fault! He's gone! The man is gone!" he shouts.
Wait....Diego's gone!! How?!

Monsai and Tsuki glance around as Kash walks up beside me.
"Dammit" I whisper.
"It's okay. I'll get him back so don't worry" Kash whispers to me. I look up to him and his eyes are so soft. Although we've been through some shit today, he still manages to smile. I can't help but to smile back.
"While you guys sit and look dumb, I'll be finding Diego. Goodbye" the guys snarks before walking away.
"Actually we'll be finding Diego" Monsai replies, "Let's go guys."

As we head off, so does that bastard. He looks pretty pissed. I glance at the three of them next...
Everyone looks upset. I don't blame them though. We had Diego but this dude comes around for whatever reason and tries taking him from us! Which caused Diego to escape! I look at him again.
Every step he takes his staff hits the ground. I wonder what's his deal. This dude seen me coming? How?! I literally swung and he ducked down! Shit....might as well ask. I dart to him. 20 feet away. Ugh!
He quickly notices me approaching and flinches.
"Whoa..! Not here to fight, promise" I say with my hands up. He continues walking, looking forward again.
"Well? What is it?" he groans.
"Uh-OH! What's your deal?" I reply back to him.
"What's my....deal? I don't carry cards lady" he replies back to me. He then looks at me and smirks.
"Not funny" I snark, "What is your deal? Really. I've literally seen you around Norrah. Why are you all the way out here?"
He looks forward again and makes a straight face. He's serious now.
I let out a sigh, "Seriously dude. Why are you trying to take Diego?" He continues looking forward, ignoring me. Now I'm getting angry at this point! Why in the hell won't he speak?!
I grab his arm and stop the both of us from walking. He quickly turns with my hand on his arm and grabs mine next! Shit!
"Enough of this!" he whispers sharply, "Enough with these questions! This isn't an integration! You don't get to just hop in my business, okay Tsuyoi?" He flinches back and let's go of my arm. Tsuyoi...? My last name? Why? First it was Tsuki...and now me. Obviously he knows of us two.

After he lets go he turns away to walk off but I grab him again facing him back to me.
"Alright listen here you ass! Diego was apart of MY mission so you trying to take him makes it MY business also! Now...you're gonna help us get him back, I'll say thank you, and we can go our separate ways and never have to see each other again! Got it?" I shout.
He looks at me and his eyes softened up. His damn hair just shines in the moonlight....same color as his eye. He then sighs, "Fine...whatever."
I walk off after that. Immediately. I can hear Tsuki, Kash, and Monsai walking again. Following me.
The bastard follows behind us instead of being ahead of us. I can still hear his staff hit the ground with every step. It's like I can feel it almost. That's....interesting.
As I let out a sigh Tsuki runs up to walk beside me.
"Hey hey" she says softly. I look to her and give her a soft smile.
"There we go! That's that beautiful smile I've been waiting for!" she whispers. I can't help but to laugh. She always brightens up my mood. Her smile, her silly little jokes, and her beautiful heart. She reaches her hand out to fix my hair, "Sorry. It's bothering me" she says softly. Of course it is. That's Tsuki. After she fixes it up she lets out a sigh, "Sooo tell me what happened. Do we have to beat his ass or what?" she whispers to me.
"Actually I'm kind of surprised I'm saying this but....no" I reply. She flinches her head back, "Really?!" she whispers sharply.
"Uh...yea. At first I thought I was gonna have to but I just snapped at him and he agreed" I say softly. Tsuki looks to me very concerned. "I know Tsuki. I don't understand it either but we have his help. For now" I reply. She just nods her head then looks back to him.

We have to find Diego. I will not fail my first mission!