Chapter 2

"This is your first class." Soojin announces once they finally reach the classroom Zoa is going to have her very first class of her college years. If she has managed to chill out for the past few minutes with the help of her friends, she's sure back to being nervous now. She stares at her surroundings deep in her thoughts, her big, round dark brown eyes trying their best to capture every little detail in order to remember the way they took in order to reach the classroom or how the classroom or the hallway looks like in order not to get lost next time and has to helplessly ask for her friends' help again.

The hallway is long and not too narrow. There are lots of windows and students filling it so nothing too out of the ordinary in order for Zoa to remember it while the class looks like every other class from the outside, she notes to herself.

She gulps hard. This only means one thing. She's in trouble.

"Alright. Uh, remember to text us once class is over so I can come pick you up asap and we can head to your next class from here. Got it?" Soojin speaks up again, trying to get Zoa out of her daze, having realized that the girl is starting to panic a little. Jaehee is busy texting on her phone, tapping her foot slightly impatiently on the floor but not because they're running late because after all she's skipping class anyway so it probably has to do with the person she's texting while Jihan looks at Zoa sympathetically. Zoa almost believes she looks pitiful right now. She stares at Soojin, almost screaming for help with just her round eyes and intense stare and Soojin can't help but hug her for a second there.

"You'll be alright. The first few classes are always introductions so this is the boring stuff here. You see it will be over in no time!" She tries to remain optimistic and hopeful in order to affect Zoa's mental health and make her feel just a little better. Another student passes by them and enters Zoa's classroom and Zoa galps again realizing that it's the fifth student in the few minutes they're standing there and the class has already been filled with a few students even before they arrived. She realizes she has to head in there whether she likes it or not. She also needs to get herself a good spot and not end up sitting at the front row again.

When Monday has told her a week ago that college is a chance for a new beginning and an opportunity to try out new things and find herself she hasn;t fully gotten what she meant and just took her advice and placed it at the back of her head because it wasn't something she was facing at that moment. Right now though she realizes what Monday meant by the one last single thought she just did.

Finding a good seat in class has never been an issue for her before. It has never even crossed her mind! She always chose the front desks in the front row in order to have a clearer view of the board but also pay better attention in class. Right now though she doesn't feel that good at the mere thought of sitting too close to the professor's desk. It feels rather scary and the mere thought is making her too nervous and that definitely hasn't been a thought or a feeling of her past self. Right now though, she's pretty sure she can use Monday's advice of trying out new things by trying to find herself one of the desks at the very back of the class in order to feel less nervous and "safer" in a way.

Maybe that's the beginning of a new version of her, maybe this means she's starting to change or that she's starting to get more mature, or maybe it doesn't mean anything at all. And it will surely not mean anything if she ends up not managing to get a desk at the back but get a desk at the front row again.

"I hope so. I think I should get going." She says, kicking her right feet on the marble floor softly out of nervousness before she turns to face Soojin once again. She holds onto the straps of her backpack even tighter out of nervousness before she nods mostly to herself and forms a tight smile at Soojin and her two new friends.