Chapter 5

Changes and new beginnings are always hard. Sometimes they're interesting. Some other times they're scary. Some other times they're just new situations that you just have to get used to and adapt to. You'll eventually find your routine and get used to this. But at first, it surely is hard. It's hard because things change, because what you used to know and felt safe with before is altering and you're forced to get out of your comfort zone and enter a new one, that looks more like a warzone to you. And stepping out of a comfort zone is always hard for any kind of person out there...

Zoa's first official meet up with the team finally comes on a busy Tuesday afternoon already in the middle of October. The weather has already started to get just a little colder, to the point that you surely have to carry around a jacket and wear long pants. So when Zoa and a couple of the new additional members show up wearing their casual long sports pants and hoodies, Younghoon could only laugh at them.

"Welcome to the team, once again. From now on you'll have to attend every meeting we have on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. You're allowed not to attend for a maximum of three times because it's understandable that you might catch a cold once or get sick. But if it keeps happening then unfortunately you'll have to be kicked out of the team and replaced by someone else. We take this team seriously and weekly practices matter a lot." Yunho explains as he stands in the middle of the basketball court inside the gym and the rest of the team stands around him in a circle, hearing him out carefully.

"Hyunsuk will give you your new basketball uniform and you're always going to wear that during practice because it's more convenient. Meaning that you'll have to get changed in a while because yes this starts from today onwards. Always remember to report any kind of difficulty or problems you have to me or one of the team members that you trust. Tournaments officially start from February meaning that we have to practice really hard until then. Are there any questions?"

And so, Hyunsuk hands them their new uniforms and shortly after Zoa finds herself dressed in the college's official basketball uniform that's in a light blue color with white lines here and there and has the official logo of their college at the front while it has Zoa's name at the back. She quickly ties her shoes by the bench before a few of her new teammates that she's also met the other day at the party walk towards her.

"Hey kid. Welcome to the team." Doyeon greets her and Zoa quickly stands up to shake hands with her.

"Yunho is a good leader and he's good with speeches and encouraging words but he's surely not better than us when it comes to friendliness." Yunjin jokes as she shakes her head, her black curly hair that is tied in a high ponytail shaking left and right.

"There aren't that many girls on the team and surely there aren't many who entered the team this year as well, so we're actually glad you're one among the newcomers. You also have skills which are a bonus." Aisha comments.

"Yay! Now we'll have a new shopping buddy!" Yunjin exclaims excitedly while the other two shake their heads.

"Don't mind her. She's just excited we finally got a new girl in the team. It's been a while." Doyeon says and Zoa smiles.

"So you're a freshman." Aisha points out. Zoa nods her head before Yunjin claps her hands together, her face lighting up as she remembers something important.

"You're friends with Monday, Soeun and Soojin! Right?" Zoa's eyes widen a little as she parts her lips, surprised.

"Uh, yeah. How do you know?"

"We're classmates with Soojin but also because she's the students council's president. Monday and Soeun are just the popular troublemakers duo. You can't just not know them if you're attending this college."