Chapter 9

She feels nervous. Something about this morning feels odd. Very odd. She doesn't have a good feeling from the very first moment she entered the classroom earlier. Most students turn to look at her intensely and they giggle in a very odd way, as if everyone knows her secret. Zoa doesn't like it. And the more Jiwoo doesn't show up to sit beside her the more nervous she gets. She drums her fingers nervously on the desk as she looks around her way too nervously. Just where in the heck is her friend and why is everyone aware of her crush on Jihan?

Just when Zoa thought she would die out of nervousness Jihan enters the classroom and everyone stares at her and then Zoa while they whistle playfully, seeming to know something more than Zoa is aware of. She doesn't like this. Her stomach tightens so much that she feels sick, almost vomiting right there right then as her fingers clench onto the desk tightly, trying to somehow calm herself down. Jihan walks closer and closer to her and somehow the classroom looks just too big and too endless because it feels like she's been walking forever.

Zoa's head is spinning. The whistles and cheers, the giggles and whispers and stares from all her classmates, Jihan's slow walking towards her, with her thin legs walking in such a way, making her look somehow even more beautiful in Zoa's eyes, like a supermodel having a catwalk. Zoa feels so nervous that she's sure she feels dizzy at this point too.

Jihan stops by her desk, her hands resting on it as she leans down, closer to Zoa's face, staring at her deeply. Zoa gulps hard. That stare is long, and deep, making Zoa's stomach tighten as she just feels too weak, vulnerable and fragile by just a simple stare. A stare that Jihan has never given Zoa before. It's strong, and intimidating, making Zoa somehow feel like she's falling off from her chair. She holds onto the desk tightly, but it's no use as her chair somehow gets slippery and she feels her butt slipping off of the chair. As she's about to fall off the chair Jihan leans closer to her, her right hand cupping Zoa's jaw, bringing the girl closer. She smirks. A playful confident smirk Jihan has never given Zoa before. It feels like she owns Zoa, it feels like she knows Zoa's weakness, it feels like she's doing it on purpose. Zoa's stomach tightens so much and she's sure she's falling off the chair now.

The last thing she hears is Jihan's soft giggle and then she falls as she meets darkness.

And then light.

Light, and a sudden loud thud that makes her whole body ache in pain.

She surely has fallen. But not from a chair, but from her bed instead. She blinks hard as her blurred surroundings start to clear up and she recognizes her dorm room. Her hearing clears up too and she quickly spots Soojin right next to her, trying to see if she's alright.

"Zoa? Zoa are you alright?" She asks, worriedly. Zoa sits up, trying to unwrap herself from her messy covers that have fallen along with her from the bed as she touches the right side of her face, groaning in pain.

"I fell?" She says, sounding unsure. Soojin slowly nods her head before she leans closer, looking at her friend worriedly, trying to see if she's alright.

"You haven't broken anything, right?" She asks the younger one who shakes her head.

"No, I think I'm fine. My head is aching but it will be alright soon." Zoa mumbles and Soojin slowly nods her head before she mentions something about getting the girl an ice pack. She disappears for a little while before she comes back and places the ice pack on Zoa's right side of her head. Zoa yelps a little but holds the pack on the side of her face, knowing that only this way the pain would fade away faster. Her eyes keep staring at the floor as she tries recalling her dream, trying to understand what it meant but she comes up with nothing. The only thing that she knows is that she's burning up and her stomach and heart haven't stopped fluttering.