Chapter 11

"Hey! You guys are improving!" Soojin exclaims happily once she looks at both Jaehee and Zoa riding their skateboards. The girls have gathered up at their hideout once again, liking the safety this place holds for them by now as well as the peace and quiet they get. It's a safe place for them, a second home, a place wherein they can always go to and let out their frustrations and stress as well as relax and do lots of other things to forget about what makes them so sad and nervous or overall the hardships of life.

So it's either they crash at each other's dorms or at MonSsong's apartment or at their hideout.

At first, they thought that skateboarding could be their own club activity wherein they could start from total zero level knowledge and would reach the level or riding a skateboard properly, even doing tricks, running fast on it without falling and of course jumping which is a very hard thing to do too. It's not a club they thought they would present to the rest of the school but at first they thought that yeah... it could be a club like all others, potentially. But later on, with the rest of the stress they got from college and other clubs, they realized that it's better if skateboarding remains just for fun and as a way out to release all of their stress and it works perfectly so far.

Zoa giggles happily as she turns her head around to face Soojin, a genuinely happy smile on her lips. She extends her arms on both sides as she enjoys her ride before she slows down and hops off the skateboard.

"Really? You think so?" She asks, eyebrows flying up her forehead as her big round dark brown eyes stare deep into Soojin's, in that way of hers that always makes her look so pure yet so adorable exactly because she's so genuinely and innocently happy.

"Yeah. I think so. And I'm proud." Soojin says, forming that familiar, warm, proud smile of hers, that one that Zoa has always received throughout her life way too many times as she grew up and tried out new things that would make Soojin happy. Except for familiar though, it feels safe, because it makes her feel safe, that what she's doing is the right thing, because it's making Soojin proud.

Zoa's eyes land on Jihan then, who also looks at her with a warm, comforting smile and smiles back at her happily. They stare at each other deeply for a couple of seconds, just smiling like fools before Monday says,

"Oh for goodness sake you two are just too adorable!" To which Zoa giggles shyly before she walks towards Jihan, holding her hands as she doesn't seem to stay away for too long.

"Thanks I guess." She says before she turns her attention back to Jihan.

"Hey. I think Soojin unnie is right. I think I got this. I think I know how to stabilize myself properly and ride this skateboard." Zoa says, sounding sure and confident and enthusiastic for her new attained skills.

"I know. I saw you. You've been working hard on it, no matter how much studying or practicing on the basketball team you also have to do." Jihan says.

"Thanks. I think I can help you ride with me too. Do you want to try?" Zoa suggests and with that the two ignore the rest who keep on commenting about how cute the young couple is as Zoa and Jihan ride on Zoa's skateboard.

Zoa giggles happily as she helps Jihan stabilize herself on the skateboard before she holds her from her waist, back hugging her basically. She rests her head on Jihan's shoulder, making the girl flustered and shy but living their close proximity too much for her own sake. She pushes the skateboard slowly and Jihan lets out a scared yelp.

"We won't fall, unnie. Do you trust me?" Jihan slowly nods her head. She trusts Zoa, she trusts her with all her being, which is terrifying itself already, but still, it's scary to ride a skateboard just yet because her mind is stuck to what will happen if she falls. And if she falls she will get hurt.