6

Nova

Everyone started talking and laughing like they were having a good time. I tried to get up but Odell didn't want me too.

"Are you gonna start cooking ?" Eli's wife, Abby asked me. I look at Odell and he looked away, trying to divert his attention away from me.

"What are you talking about ?" I asked.

"Odell told the whole team that you were gonna cook."

I snap my head at Odell. He still looked around still. I stood up out of his arms.

"Really, Odell ?" I shouted, making all of them look at me with a surprise.

"So-"

"Don't say a word." I said, walking into the kitchen.

I took out a whole bunch of shit, throwing it on the counter. Odell came in and I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry."

I just sighed and looked at him.

"Whatever."

"Anything I can do ?" He said.

I turned around and gave him a big smile.

"Warm up the grill."

Six hours later.............

I put down the potato salad on the white table outside. I took a deep breath and went back inside. I have been cooking non-stop since they told me about the whole cooking thing. Luckily, Abby and Elaina helped me half way through and at this point I could just fall asleep.

"You okay ?" Abby asked, coming back into the big kitchen after putting her baby down upstairs with Miranda. Miranda was six months pregnant and doesn't like being around people so she said she will watch all the kids.

"Yep, just exhausted."

"But when you have seven kids with Odell, that wont be a problem." Elaina said, coming back from outside.

"I swear, you tryna set me up." I said, getting back out of my chair. Soon, the doorbell rung. I sighed and went to the door.

There was an old white man and a big ass group of people behind him.

" Hello." I said, opening the door wider for all of them come in. After standing there for hours, I got to finally close the door. I walked past the living room to see the women making themselves at home. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a platter of alcoholic and nonalcoholic margaritas. Before I could leave, they pulled me.

"You see that one right there ?" Elaina said, pointing to a brunette chick. She was pretty and had a body to kill for. I nodded.

"She is the athletic trainer for the boys. "

"And you guys are telling me this because ?"

"Her and Odell used to fuck." Abby said, rolling her eyes.

"He isn't my man anyway." I said, shrugging.

"Girl, get on with that shit. You know damn well you and Odell together." Elaina said, walking into the living room with Abby right behind her. I sighed and pulled out another tray out of the refrigerator. I grabbed the tray and began to walk into living room.

"Nova, which one is nonalcoholic ?"

"The yellow." I said, making a girl put back the yellow and grab a red. I saw that Elaina gave out all the ones that were away from that Hannah chick. I eyed her and she started laughing. I walked over and gave some to the other girls and when I offered, she declined.

"I have to watch my figure."

Elaina looked at her like she was retarded.

"Bitch, it's ice and juice. The fuck you gon' gain ?" Elaina said, getting pissed off.

"Elaina, it's-"

"Nope. Bitch you better be lucking she was nice enough to feed your rude ass." Elaina shouted, walking back into the kitchen.

"It's okay. You don't have to drink it." I said, walking back into the kitchen.

"Elaina, you chill now ?" I asked, grabbing a margarita. She nodded and we went back into into the living room. Once I sat in the comfortable couch, I just melted. They started to talk about to stuff and I honestly wasn't paying attention. My feet needed a massage bad.

"Nova ?"

"Hmm?" I asked, finishing my margarita.

"So how is it going with Odell ?"

I gulped my drink down hella fast. I didn't know what to say and everyone was looking at me. Then the backdoor opened and Rueben, Odell's other bestfriend, came in.

"What's up, galaxy ?" He said, dapping me up. Rueben thought I was hoe and after I put him in check, he became my bestfriend.

"Oh lookey, lookey. I thought hoes weren't allowed here anymore." He said, staring at Hannah and turning his neck to the side. Elaina started laughing and Abby turned her face away not trying to laugh.

"I don't like you, Rueben." Hannah said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh well. " He said, shrugging. He turned back to me.

"C'mon, Your husband needs you."He said, over dramatically. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Who's your husband ?" Hannah asked, looking at me like I was supposed to tell her.

"None of ya fucking business. Let's go." Rueben said, pulling on the back patio. He held my hand, swinging it on purpose. I approached Odell, by tapping his shoulder. He smiled at me but once he saw our hands tangled together, he slapped them apart.

Rueben held his hand and cursed.

"Man I told you about that shit." Odell grunted out with clenched teeth,wrapping his arms around me.

"Why did you want me out here ?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing." He said, kissing my forehead.

"Aww. Relationship goals. This is going on the gram." Rueben said, taking a picture. I just shook my head.

"Can we eat now ?" Elaina said, standing on the back porch. I got up out of his arms and swished my hips a little bit more as I walked up the steps.

I turned and looked over my shoulder. Odell was staring at me. I winked and went back inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

Comment

Pt. 3 tonight or tommorrow