9

girl2sweet shoutout to you

Nova

My body went cold as the words flew from his mouth. My heart just stopped.

"Why ?" I asked, standing up.

He sighed and looked at me with his adorable eyes.

"Don't. Don't look at me like that. Tell me why ?"

Tears were burning my eyes.

"Me and Hannah are trying to work out things and she doesn't want you guys here."

I was dumbfounded.

We stared at each other as a tear fell down my face. I quickly turned around and started to walk upstairs. The door opened and Hannah came in, smiling.

I got as much clothes as I could and took a big wad of cash from his dresser and put it in the front of the bag. I grabbed my bag and walked into the girls room, grabbing anything I could. I heard heels clacking against the floor behind me and knew who it was : Hannah.

"So..."

"Hannah, don't make me fuck you up." I said, through clenched teeth.

"You're the one to talk about fucking.Wow what a hoe you are."

"What the fuck you talking about ?"

"Odell told me about that gangbang."

My anger rose to a level I never thought it would. Odell walked in.

"I'm really so-"

"FUCK THAT ODELL !" I screamed to the top of my lungs. I could tell by his face that I kinda scared him and shocked the hell out of him. I got so mad that I didn't finish packing and went downstairs. Before I grabbed the front door handle, Odell pulls me back.

"Nova, you gotta believe me, if I could-"

"You could what ?!?! I honestly thought you were different !"

"I am d-"

I put my hand up to silence him and Hannah just watched.

"If you were, you would've told her that I wasn't an exception."

I was about to open the door again but he stopped me.

"Nova, I really want you to stay."

"WELL WHY AM I NOT ?!?! I told you shit no one else knows and I trusted you. But you know what ? You proved to me that every nigga is the same. Now where was I supposed to go ? HUH ?!? I guess I'm still that same piece of trash that you found in an alley, aren't I ?"

He reached for me but I snatched away.

"What about my kids ? Did you think about them ? You know , they never had a father and Lani asked me if you were her dad ? Now what am I supposed to tell her ?!?! Odell's not your father so go play ! But for one thing, I thought I could actually stay here and be happy but I can't. Because you want a loose ass bitch who suck every niggas dick for money. Over a mother and two kids. You better hope this was the right decision."

I saw Odell's face just lose its color. I turn around to see Ley and Lani standing there, with Rueben, Elaina and Victor.

"Lani, I'm s-"

"You not my dad, remember ?" She said, crying and running out. Tears fell down my face as I walked out. I grabbed her and cradled her in my arms. I kissed her temple and rubbed her back.

"All...I wanted..was a...daddy." She cried, in between sniffles.

"I'm sorry, baby." I said, soothing her by rubbing her back. I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turn around to see Rueben holding our bags.

"C'mon." He said, walking to his car.

"Wait, what ?" I said, following him carrying Lani and holding Ley's hand.

"Yall gon stay with me."

My eyes widened.

"No. Nope. Already been down that road." I said, shaking my head.

"Girl bye. You coming regardless if you like it or not. " He got in and the girls climbed in the backseat, already talking about their carseats.

"The kids don't have their carseats." I tried.

"Nope. Mommy look. Uncle Rue got us our own." Ley smiled at me.

I sighed and threw my head back.

I opened the passenger door and got in. I clicked in the seat belt and waited for the car to move. I looked at Rueben, who I caught who was staring at me.

"What ?"

"Nothing." He said, shaking his head and smiling.He pulled out the driveway and drove away. I saw Odell looking at us with sad but angry face.

After a couple minutes later, we pulled up to a gate that soon opened. We all got out.

"Your house is nice, Rue." I complimented. (House up top)

"I made it myself." He cheesed, walking. Me and the girls followed him. Rueben gave us a whole tour of the house and it was beautiful.

I was unpacking my clothes when I heard a slight knock on the door.

"It's open." I said, putting my socks in a drawer.

Rueben walked in.

"Hi."

"Hey." I responded,sitting on the bed. He awkwardly sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He said, rubbing his neck.

"There is nothing to be sorry about."

"I know how you felt about Odell."

I fiddled with my fingers as tears welded up in my eyes. I sniffled as one dropped down. Rueben grabbed me and held me when I cried.

I cried because of him.

I cried because of Odell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

How did you guys think about how she handled it ?

Why would Odell go back to Hannah ?