21

Thank you to naynay0455 for being my new bestie and helping me.

But it's alright but back to the story.

Nova

I walked into Rueben's room. He put cocaine inside of his nose and let it fill his body. He was just another version of my mother and I couldn't stand him.

"What did you need to talk to me about ?" I asked, standing in the doorway.

He looked up at me with cocaine all over his top lip. His eyes were bloodshot red and he had an ugly glare on his face.

"You need to start paying bills in this damn house."

I looked at him like he was retarded and rolled my eyes, chuckling under my breath. I turned around but then he grabbed my arm, shoving me into the wall beside me.

"You better listen to me. Be ready in an hour, I'm taking you somewhere." He said, wiping the cocaine from his top lip and licking it off of his hand.

I frowned in disgust, walked out with ideas on my mind.

Where was he taking me ?

Abby and Eli let all the teams daughters and sons spend the night and I know they are going to be tired because the twins are bad.

My phone buzzed. I saw that I had a notification from Instagram. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the Instagram app.

iamobjxiii - Babysitting everyone's child. I'm scared.

I looked at his post to see that he is being attacked by the twins, Kennedy and the Manning kids. Lani and Ley were kissing his cheek and the rest of them on his back. I giggled at his face.

I took a shower and got dressed for tonight. I smoothed down my dress and made sure I looked real nice for him.

Hopefully, things might change.

A voice in my head was saying otherwise but for once I decided to push the negativity away. I walked out and bumped into Rueben's hard chest. I looked down at his outfit that shocked me. He was wearing a black t-shirt and Tru Religion Jeans and some Oreo's while I was wearing an expensive dress and high heels.

"Let me go change. I didn't know it was more lowkey." I said, sighing and walking back into my room. Before I actually step into the room, he grabs my arm softly.

"You look just fine. Now come on." He smiled. A smile painted itself on my face and my feet carried me downstairs. He even opened the door for me. We went to this expensive restaurant and was placed in the very middle of the restaurant. Random people came up to him and asked for pictures, I was smiling every single second.

"What do you think you are getting ?"

"What do you usually get when you are here ?" I asked, shrugging. He took in a deep breath and exhaled deeply.

"Now you are really pissing me off." He said, staring at me.

"But I didn't do anything. All I did was a-"

"I DON'T CARE !" He shouted, making fellow customers look at us. I started to tear up but dabbed my eyes with the nice towel that the waitress gave us.

"You betta fucking smile right now." He said through a really big fake smile and clenched teeth. I forced a smile out of fear. The waitress came back to us and asked us what we wanted to order. Before I can even get a word in, Rueben already ordered for me.

"She would like a chicken ceasar salad and I will have the duck." He said, handing her the menus. She nodded her head and walked off with the menus. I looked at Rueben and he looked back at me.

"Why couldn't I decide on what I wanted ?"

"Let me put it the nice way. I saw you gain weight from the last couple of weeks and looking at your body had me disgusted so you don't need to eat anything. But the healthy stuff of course." He said, sipping on his wine. I looked down at my stomach.

Only if he knew, I thought.

Soon the salad and duck came. The salad didn't smell too bad but the smell of the duck almost made me gag.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I whispered loud enough for him to just dismiss me. I grabbed my clutch and walked slowly to the bathroom , not making any contact with anyone who I walked past. Once I got into the bathroom, I shut the door and locked after making sure no one else was in here.

Take a deep breath.

Psalm 118 : 14

The lord is my strength and my song ; he has become my salvation

My dad used to tell me to think about it when I was having a bad day. I miss him. I really do. We look alike to the point you knew we were twins but the only thing I inherited from my mother that is good is to treat everyone with kindness. But she changed.

I shook my mother out of my head and checked myself in the mirror. I smoothed out my dress, noticing my stomach was still poking out.

One day, one day.

I unlocked the door and opened it. Everyone was still going on about their night like it was a usual night. I blew the breath I was holding onto out and fixed myself one more time and walked back to the table.

I sat down, getting ready to get but to notice my plate was gone.

"Rue ?"

"Hmm ?" He asked, still looking down at his phone.

"Where is my food ?"

He looked up at me.

"In the trash."

"But why ?"

"You already look like you had enough. Now let's go." He said, getting up and stretching. I kept my face down and pushed in my chair. He put his hand on the lower part of my back as he tried to walk me out infront of him. His grip was very tight and I felt his nails dig into my side. I winced from the pain and the cameras once we appeared outside. We both got in and drove off.

"I need you to do something for me." He said, pulling into an abandoned parking lot with an abandoned building.

"What ?"

"SO..... I owe my drug dealer some money but I aint paying him shit so you gotta go in and pay my favor." He said, quickly.

"I am not having sex for money." I said, astonished. He chuckled and pulled something out of his glove compartment.

A gun.

He takes the safety off and cocks it.

"Go in there. Say Rue Ran sent me to pay dues. You do it. Walk out and things will be fine." He said, pointing the gun at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote & Comment

Read My Other Books !