CHAPTER 14

THE SHIBUYA INCIDENT PART 2

TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE SHIBUYA INCIDENT

Yuta sat in a small café, looking out at the lively city below. The vibrant colors of the cityscape caught his eye, adding charm to the moment.

"[L/N]-san." He brought the phone to his ear and spoke in a soft tone, the warmth of his voice resonating in the quiet surroundings.

"Hi, Okkotsu-san." A subtle flush of color tinted his usually pale complexion, a delicate blush emerging on his cheeks as the sweetness in your greeting resonated in his mind.

"Maki told me she gave you my number. What did you want to talk about?" You queried.

He couldn't really tell you that the reason behind him wanting your number was because he found you  attractive.

"I...Uh-I just...you seem...cool. T-That's why I asked for it."

Thank goodness he hadn't instigated a video call because his face resembled a tomato.

"That's cute! I actually wanted to get your number too because I needed to speak with you about something." You revealed and Yuta blinked before leaning forward in his chair, his arm resting on the table in front of him.

"What is it?" Curiosity sparked in his gaze as he posed the question, the glint of interest shining brightly in his eyes.

As the information flowed from your lips through the speaker, his eyes widened in astonishment.

"W-What?"

The unexpected revelation had a profound impact, causing his lips to part in sheer surprise. The moment hung in the air, a mix of disbelief and realization etched across his features.

"Do you believe me?" You asked him.

A brief silence enveloped Yuta.

His mind worked to process the words spoken to him, and during this pause, you could almost sense the gears turning as he sought to comprehend the significance of what had just been shared.

"Not really." He finally spoke and it elicited another charming laugh of yours.

"I wouldn't either but you can come and see for yourself." You mentioned it in such a casual way, it seemed as if what you had told him wasn't really a huge responsibility.

"Why did you tell me? Aren't you worried I'll tell the higher ups?" He mentioned.

"Maki, Panda and Inumaki all hold you dear to them so, it's enough for me to trust you with my secret." You chirped and Yuta couldn't stop his smile as he thought about his friends.

He really missed them.

"You're a special grade sorcerer, Okkotsu-san. We're going to need all the help we can get." Your tone was more serious and it had him contemplating his choice on what to do.

"You'll have to give me more time to think on it."

---------------------------------------------------

PRESENT TIME

TIME - 9:15PM

After parting ways with Inumaki, who was assigned the responsibility of searching for any remaining civilians within the city, you embarked on your mission to confront the opposing party.

With the weight of safeguarding civilians lifted, you felt a surge of determination, ready to unleash your full capabilities against anyone who was an enemy.