𝟎𝟐𝟗

Thinking ' '

Out loud " "

Past 'Italics'

SHOUTA

We were back on the road by lunchtime. Mom didn't speak to us for the last couple of hours of our stay. Of course, I had said goodbye and hoped that she would see that she was in the wrong.

Y/n helped me repack the car, even when I insisted I was okay, and we were on the road again. The kids were talking among each other as Y/n napped. My love was tired, probably from the emotional stress from my mom.

Hitoshi looked happy to be out of there which made me roll my eyes. Riley, with the same emotion every day, just looked like he didn't want to be there at all.

"Riley, did you enjoy yourself, kid?" I asked looking at him through the mirror. Riley shook his head looking out the window. (Eri's favorite spot is the middle spot).

"Not really, your mom is weird. Kinda like grandma" Riley replied before digging into his snacks.

"Grandma was rude to Mama too. From what I remember." Eri shook her head talking with her mouth full of candy. "She doesn't sound nice," Eri said talking with a mouth full.

Riley nodded, "Yeah that's why we haven't seen her in like forever"

Eri looked at me and with this look, a happy expecting look. "Can we never see Nana again?"

I laughed and looked through the mirror, "Sure sweetie."

After that short conversation, we made it to our first stop, only to get gas.

Y/n woke up when we had left the gas station and we started talking about taking a vacation just the two of us. I wanted to take her out just to show her my appreciation. And maybe a little more.

"Think of it like a 1st-anniversary trip," I said with a cheeky smile. Y/n just laughed at me. Cupping my check. I leaned into her touch the best I could while looking at the road. She started to rub my ear, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"You too perfect. When are you going to marry me? You know what, I'll marry you." Y/n said her face still held some tiredness in it. She gave me a tired smile, leaning over and kissing my cheek. My face went red as she started to kiss me.

"Soon, I promise."

"I hope so I'm getting too old" she joked, leaning back into her seat, getting comfortable.

"You're not old love."

"You're just saying that."

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever met."

"You sweet talker."

"Only for you"

"Mhm, we do need some time away from the kids"  Y/n smirked, running her nails up and down my legs. I chuckled grabbing her hand.

"Naughty girl."

"Only for you"

I laughed.