10

— 1 day & 4 hours ago

1 day & 4 hours ago.

"Delete that one; I don't like it," Min-ji insisted, pointing at the video of her playing on Woo-ram's camera as they disembarked from the bus.

The bus had reached the stop at the Muryeong Youth Center, where they were set to stay for two days.

"Delete this one?" Woo-ram questioned, turning the camera toward her. "Why? I think it looks nice. You look pretty when you smile." He stepped out of the bus, but as he descended the steps, Kyung-jun approached from behind. A forceful shove to Woo-ram's back made him stumble, almost falling, his camera slipping from his grasp and landing on the floor.

Kyung-jun, hand in his pocket and an unfazed expression on his face, walked past him.

"What an asshole," Min-ji exclaimed in anger as Woo-ram hurriedly picked up his camera.

Present time.

As Min-ji reentered the youth center alongside Da-beom, having retrieved Jun-hee, an unsettling feeling crept over her. It was a place that should have symbolized safety, but now, tainted by recent events, it emanated an eerie aura.

A somber agreement among the students led to the collective effort of moving their deceased classmates to a freezer, a gesture to dignify their passing. The freezer, bathed in a haunting blue light, became the repository for these tragic losses.

After completing this macabre task, the group convened in the cafeteria. The dim lighting cast shadows on their faces as they sat in a makeshift circle, each chair positioned unevenly yet forming a close-knit unity.

Min-ji clutched her phone, her eyes darting anxiously between the device and her classmates, awaiting the first brave soul to break the heavy silence.

Unexpectedly, it was Kyung-jun who shattered the quietude. "Let's come clean," he declared, his gaze fixed not far from where Min-ji sat. "Speak up if you're a Mafia."

Jung-won countered, "Would you speak up if it were you?" This retort earned an annoyed curse from Kyung-jun.

Undeterred, Kyung-jun suggested another approach. "Then let's do it again. Who do you think is definitely the Mafia?"

Silence enveloped the room, faces revealing unspoken suspicions. Kyung-jun suddenly focused on Jun-hee. "Hey, class president. It's you, isn't it? You didn't let us vote, so all the civilians died. This was the Mafia's scheme, wasn't it?"

"Civilians weren't the only ones who died. Mafia members died too." Min-ji interjected. She shot a pointed glance at Kyung-jun.

"Besides, you insisted on collecting our phones but conveniently didn't surrender yours." Jung-won chimed in, exposing the inconsistency.

Kyung-jun scoffed dismissively, his disbelief evident. He then shifted his accusatory gaze towards Min-ji. "How was I supposed to trust them? I had to cooperate, or they'd vote me out. Right, Min-ji? You threatened to kill me, remember?"