02 | Flirting Remarks

I was purposely and carelessly not paying attention to what was happening around me. I had my AirPods on, listening to an audiobook of one of my favorite books. My laptop was placed on the table in front of me. I was starting to tackle a writing assignment from one of my classes sitting down on one of the tables at the campus cafeteria and waiting for my best friend to arrive. On this assignment, we were required to write a short story about how two best friends ended up falling in love. My major is creative writing and my minor is photography, the best of both worlds.

I love reading romance books in my free time so I am going to have a fun time doing this assignment. The last time I fell in love with a boy was during my two last years of high school; however, that relationship didn't pan out before I left for college. Since then I haven't been in a relationship with anyone, for the past year I have only been making out with my best friend Tyler Archer more times than I would like to admit. Tyler and I are what people like to call friends with benefits.

Not going to lie I do like making out with Tyler because the two of us are on the same page. Neither of us wants to be in a relationship for a while. When I am not making out with Tyler, he still hangs out with me multiple times during the week.

I felt a light tapping my shoulder alerting me that there was someone nearby, I took my air pods looking away from my laptop's screen to focus on the person. Lo and behold, Tyler was the one who had tapped my shoulder. "Oh hello Archer, how's your day going?"

"Hello Sammy, my day is going splendidly now that I have seen you. Do you mind if I sit down next to you?" Tyler asked me, having a smirk on his lips that I desperately wanted to kiss away. To this point I was used to his flirting remarks however Tyler has new remarks coming out from his sleeve every time I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if this man has a mental note with flirting remarks in his brain.

"No at all, the seat is all yours Archer." I replied without giving it a second thought. I am not going to waste any opportunity to have him sitting down next to me. "Careful Archer, you might start having an obsession with me if only seeing me makes your day splendid."

Tyler's smirk didn't disappear from his lips it only grew bigger which I don't think is scientifically possible. I saw Tyler taking his backpack from his shoulders dropping it onto the ground then he finally sat down on the chair.

"Rooney, I am already obsessed with your lips and your beautiful hair so I would love to add another thing to the list." Tyler told me, winking at me, draping his arm around my shoulders. Thanks to his actions, I was able to smell his perfume which was my favorite perfume that he owns.

Taking advantage of our proximity I leaned towards his neck giving him a soft kiss then I pulled away returning to my former spot wearing a smirk of my own. "Enjoy your little sneak peek of tonight Archer."

"Rooney, what about you give another sneak peek?" Tyler asked me, whispering into my ear.

"I think having one sneak peek is more than enough Archer." I shared my response to his question, feeling Tyler's fingers finding their way onto my hair then he started playing with my hair.

"God Sammy, you are such a tease." Tyler pointed out, continuing to play with the ends of my hair.

"Nothing that you cannot handle a big guy." I told him, quickly tapping his chest.

"There is my favorite non-couple. Hello Tyler and Samantha, I am here!" I heard Chloe saying, joining us at the table along with her boyfriend Nick.

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

I was sitting down in the classroom of my class that evening. I was writing notes down on my iPad about some details that the professor had just mentioned that there is a possibility that it would be making an appearance on an upcoming exam.

Suddenly, my phone in the pocket of my jacket vibrated, catching my attention. I set down my Apple pen next to my iPad then I reached into my pocket and took out my phone. I unlocked my phone, quickly I saw sitting on top of my notifications there was an unread text message from Tyler.

Archer 🏹: Sammy, is your class over?

Me: Not yet Archer, we have two more minutes until the class is over. Is it someone getting impatient?

I couldn't help myself to send him yet another teasing remark Tyler is not the only one who gets to have fun. I set my phone down on my desk, staring at the phone's screen and watching the typing bubbles popping up on our text chat.

Archer 🏹: For your information yes I am Sammy. I have been craving to feel your lips against mine this entire afternoon.

Me: I am glad to see that my little sneak peek from earlier had the effect I intended.

Archer 🏹: You kiss me as soon as you get into my car Miss Sammy.

Me: Archer, maybe you will get your wish 💋

"Everyone, that's all that I will be teaching for today, we finish the rest of the lesson next week. Class is over, have a nice weekend." The professor alerted us that the class had ended, then went ahead and started picking up their things from the table placed in front of the whiteboard.

It must be very embarrassing how fast I picked up my things from the desk, put them inside my backpack, and walked out of the classroom like my seat was on fire. The things that I do for Tyler. My phone vibrated letting me know that I had received another message. I exited the classroom's building and walked into the grounds of my college's campus, unlocking my phone to read Tyler's message.

Archer 🏹: You better not break my heart, Sammy.

Me: That would be impossible because I am pretty sure that your heart is made of steel. The class just ended, where are you parked?

Archer 🏹: I do have a heart of steel for everyone else but only my heart is soft for you. My car is parked in the parking lot in front of building E.

Me: See you soon, lover boy.

Reading Tyler's last message that he had sent resulted in my heart beating faster. Was I going to tell him? No, that man already has a big ego. I don't need to help make it even bigger. Plus, if I tell him he would never let me live it down.

It didn't take me long to walk towards my final destination where my lover boy was waiting for me. Quickly I spotted his car in the almost empty parking lot. Tyler was waiting for me to come out from the building standing near his car with his hands inside of the pockets of his jeans. A smile appeared on my lips as I made my way toward him, the closer I walked to him I realized that his hair was wet signaling that he must have taken a shower a couple of minutes prior.

"Hey lover boy."I greeted him, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Hey teaser girl." Tyler greeted me, placing his hands on each side of my waist then he kissed me passionately and with desire. I couldn't blame him because he had been waiting to kiss me since I last saw him at the cafeteria. My lips quickly responded to the touch of Tyler's lips by moving my lips against his lips matching the pace.

A couple of minutes passed by until Tyler and I stopped kissing each other however neither he nor I moved our hands away from the positions they were in. My eyes landed on Tyler's lips which were a little bit swollen. There was not a doubt in my mind that my lips were swollen too.

"Archer, are you ready to go?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

"Rooney, yes I am ready after seeing that you didn't break my heart."