14 | Unpleasant conversation

"Sister, you are finally here! I am so happy to see you." My younger and only sister Colette greeted me as soon as I had closed the front door behind me and dropped my bags onto the ground making the sound of a loud noise.

"Hello Lottie, I have arrived like I had promised you.  I am so happy to see you too." I greeted her, smiling brightly and wrapping my arms around her pulling into a well needed sisterly hug. "How are you doing today?"

"I knew that you wouldn't break your promises. You always held the end of your bargain." My sister said, sounding very happy returning my hug. "My day was going good. Now it has gotten a lot better because you are here."

Hearing the last sentence coming out from my sister's mouth it reminded me of Tyler and how he would say that exact same sentence. I guess that my sister and him have something similar.

"I always keep my promise that I would break them in an emergency situation." I replied, pulling away from our hug smiling even brighter. "Lottie, I am happy to hear that, you reminded me about someone."

After our hug ended, my sister and I moved away from the entrance of the house making our way towards the kitchen where I had a sense that my mother would be making dinner.

"I know that trust me plus you have text me letting me know." My sister told me as we walked passed the living room getting closer to the kitchen. "Who I remind you of, do I know them?"

"You know me so well Lottie." I told her letting out a small laugh. "A good best friend of mine and I don't think you know them. I need to introduce you to them soon."

"Well, I am your only sister. I have known you since I was born." My sister told me stating the obvious, looking at me. "I can't wait to meet them, I love meeting your university friends."

"That's true Lottie, I know pretty well too." I told my sister as we  entered the kitchen. "My friends love you too my dear sister."

Lo and behold I was right when we entered into the kitchen the first thing I saw was my mom with her back turned to us wearing stove gloves and placing a dish into the oven. Then my mother turned around taking her gloves off as she was facing us. A motherly smile appeared on her lips when she saw me standing in the kitchen glued to my sister's side.

"Samantha, you have arrived, nice to see you, my oldest daughter.  My mother greeted me making her way towards me, pulling me into a motherly's hug.

"Hello mom, yes I did about four minutes ago." I said to my mother, accepting her hug, feeling his mother's embrace. "It's nice to see you too mom."

"Your bedroom is all set if you want to bring your bags up to your room." My mom told me as we broke away from our hug. "My dear girls, dinner should be ready in the next ten minutes."

"Okay mom, thank you. I will bring my things up to my room and it shouldn't take long." I said to my mother before my sister and I walked out of the kitchen, making our way toward the front entrance.

"Oh Samantha, I want you to know that I don't think dad is going to be here." My sister shared with me lifting a weight of my shoulders that I didn't know that I had.

"That's good to know, thank you for telling me." I said to my sister, picking up my bags from the ground.

There was a time where my father and I had a good and normal father and daughter relationship. That relationship went down the drain during the end of my junior year of high school. I came home early because I didn't have any extracurricular activities happening that day. My mother's car wasn't parked in her usual spot driveway, the only car that was parked in the driveway was my father's car. Seeing his car took me by a huge surprise because he wasn't supposed to be there so early from work.  I entered the house and placed my set of keys down on the enteacy table then I heard two distant voices coming from upstairs.