10 | Soccer lesson

Throughout the last minutes of my class, I received a text message from Tyler that I didn't see until I walked out of my classroom. His text message said I first needed to change into sporty clothes and then meet him on the university's soccer field. When I asked him over text message why he did want me to go and meet him there. He responded that I need to wait and see.

I didn't even question his request, I walked out of the building quickly making my way towards the girl's dorm room's building. As I was walking to my destination I saw the branches dancing among the wind. Soon enough the dorm room's building appeared on my sight line while I adjusted my back over my shoulders.

"Thank you, have a good rest of your day!" I thanked another young woman who appeared my age and held the door open for me as she was making her way out of the building. In return, before the two of us went our separate ways, the young woman looked at me and smiled.

I entered the building, wasting no time hopping inside of the elevator and hitting the button of my floor number. The people who have gotten to know me know that I don't like keeping people waiting for me. It didn't take long for the elevator to arrive at the designated floor once the elevator's door opened. I walked out of the elevator and started making my way through the hallways all while I was getting my keys from my jacket's pockets.

I unlocked the door of my dorm room, walked inside, and made sure to lock the door so anyone was not able to walk in while I was changing into sporty clothes as Tyler requested. I took my backpack off my shoulders, placed it down on the ground next to my desk, then I placed my keys down the desk before I opened my closet taking out a pair of shorts and a long-sleeved sports shirt.

I took off my shoes, then I changed out of my current clothes and put on my sports clothes. I put on the same shoes from earlier and then I walked towards my desk and picked up my keys and phone. I walked out of my dorm room, closing the door and locking it behind me.

I exited my dorm room's building and then I started walking towards the soccer field. I unlocked my phone, opened the messaging app, and entered Tyler and I text trend.

Me: Hey Archer, I just left the building of the dorms room and I am making my way towards you 😉

I looked at my phone's screen and stared forward  to make sure that I didn't bump into something or someone on my pathway. Later on, after a few minutes of walking I passed through the last building where some of the classes are being held. My phone on my hand vibrated, telling me that someone, probably Tyler, had sent me a text message.

Archer 🏹:  Okay Sammy, thank you for letting me know. Does the wink emoji mean that you are going to kiss me?

Me: Of course, you are welcome, Archer. Peparhs, you should wait and see what happens lover boy. 

Archer 🏹:  I can't wait to see, what you have planned Miss Rooney.

As I read Tyler's last message I shook my head in disbelief, finally seeing the bleachers in my eyesight. Far in the distance, I saw Tyler standing  in the middle of the field with his back turned my way, looking up at the sun currently lowering to reach its position to make a sunset before disappearing for the night meanwhile the moon takes its place until the morning comes.

I placed my phone and keys inside Tyler's bag which was placed in the first row of the bleachers. Having the element of surprise in my hands for once I ran into the field making my way towards Tyler. I jumped on his back, crossing my ankles together securing that I wouldn't fall back, and ended up getting hurt in the process.

"Hey lover boy, did you miss me?" I asked him, leaving a kiss on his cheek. Tyler's hand found its way towards my tights holding me up, giving me another form of securing.

"Hello Princess Rooney, not want to sound clingy but I did miss you. I am glad that I get to see you, feel your skin against mine, hear your wonderful soft voice, and finally eventually I get to feel your lips moving against mine when we kiss." Tyler told me, sending unwanted butterflies onto my stomach as he spun us around for a few seconds before he came to a stop.

"Archer I don't mind when you sound clingy because I love how clingy you get towards me when you want to. Speaking of kissing, I want to kiss you now lover boy if you allow me." I confessed, unwrapping my ankles from each other, and got down from Tyler's back.

The second my feet touched the green grass of the soccer field, Tyler turned me around so I was facing him, his chest was touching mine only a few centimeters apart then Tyler quickly placed his hands on my waist, he leaned down placing his lips against mine and we started kissing each other like our lives depended on it.

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

"Sammy, you just need to kick the ball towards the goalie and the net. I try to block the ball without letting it enter into the net." Tyler yelled the instructions to me standing on the other end of the soccer field. He had cupped his hands around his lips using them like a megaphone successfully making his voice louder so I was able to hear him loud and clear.

After our making our section ended I learned that Tyler wanted me to come here to teach me the basics of soccer. When I asked him why his response was he wanted to teach me and he thought this would be a fun thing to do and blow out some stress of the tough and stressful week I had shared with Tyler and the rest of our best friends since Tuesday. I smiled at his nice and good intentions before giving him a quick peck on his lips and now here we are.

"Archer, did you seem to have forgotten that I have been watching your soccer games since the beginning of our freshman year? I know how all the positions of the soccer players do so this is going to be an easy piece of cake. I appreciate you sharing the instructions with me." I yelled out, standing behind the soccer ball, I gathered my hair up in a ponytail moving it all away from my face.

"Sammy Miss Confidence, I can assure you that playing soccer is more difficult than it seems to be, you need to believe me. I have been playing this sport since middle school. However, I have known better than to underestimate you so I am excited to see what you got." Tyler yelled back to me from where I was standing. I swear that I was able to see a smirk on his lips while he got in position.

"Don't dare you to take it easy on me just because I am your best friend that you often make out and sleep with. You know that I don't like when people take it easy on me." I yelled back, reminding him about something he already knew.

"You don't need to worry about me taking it easy on you. I know how much you dislike it when people take it on you just because you are a young woman. I wouldn't do that to you." Tyler yelled back at me, reassuring me in a way that I didn't know that I needed to hear.

Poor Tyler has heard me complaining and ranting about when some people on the university newspaper team when I first started the young men who were part of the team treated me differently and took it easy on it for a little while. However, that dynamic has changed because I have proven to myself that I can do the same thing as a man can do. Maybe I can do it a little bit better.

I kicked the soccer ball hard sending it through the air, flying towards the net. From where I was standing I saw Tyler trying to block my ball using his hands from entering into the net. His efforts were good but not good enough to block my ball from entering the net.

I threw my hands up in the air in victory at the success of my kick with a smile on my lips. I saw Tyler picking up the soccer ball from the ground then he turned around facing my way. Tyler placed the ball on the ground in front of his feet.

"Sammy, that was a good kick!" Tyler yelled, smiling, running his hand through his hair.

"Thank you, Archer! Now kick the ball over here so I can do it again. It was fun!" I yelled out at Tyler, sharing excitement coming in my voice. "I can see why you and Nick love playing this sport so much."