12 | Turning twenty-one

The day that I have been waiting for the past few months and weeks has finally arrived. Today, Friday, is the day that I will be turning twenty- one. First I need to take my morning classes before my best friends and I can celebrate my birthday. I woke up this morning with a smile plastered on my lips, I didn't do anything to cause the good mood that I already am. I guess waking up to the day you were born will do that to you.

I can't wait to see what my best friends have planned for my birthday's celebration. This morning after a few minutes had passed until I was fully awake. I unplugged my phone from the nightstand and began reading all the pouring notifications that were on my notifications. I walked towards the bathroom to do my makeup and hair. I placed my phone down on the bathroom's counter after reading some of the notifications then I started getting ready for the day.

"Happy tweety one birthday best friend!" My best friend greeted me, wishing a happy birthday right after I walked out from our bathroom soon after I finished doing my makeup and hair.

I didn't bother to pick up my phone from the counter on my way out of the bathroom because I knew that wouldn't be the last time that I would be inside of the bathroom. The only thing that I needed to do before leaving my dorm room was find a cute outfit to wear today. I walked towards my closet, opened it and started looking for an outfit that called my attention. Without looking I could feel Chloe's presence behind me following my every movement.

"Thank you best friend, I am glad that we are the same age again Chloe." I thanked her, smiling, looking through my clothes until I had found the perfect outfit to wear today. "I am looking forward to seeing what Tyler, Nick and you have planned to celebrate my birthday."

"You're welcome Samantha. We might be the same age but I am always going to be three weeks older than you whether you like it or not." Chloe pointed out, I could feel that she was smiling. "I am looking forward to seeing all of your reactions. I know that you are going to love everything that we planned for you, that's everything I am going to say. You should wear that outfit, it would look beautiful on you."

"I don't mind you being older than me for three weeks because I can call you the big sister that I didn't have Chloe." I told her, closing the door of my closet then I looked at my best friend. "My excitement is going through the roof, however I know all the secrets and waiting is going to be worth it. Thank you best friend for sharing your opinion with me. I think so too, stay here I will be right back. I promise that I am not going to take long."

I walked away from my closet, for the second time today and probably not the last time of the day. I closed the door behind me and locked it then I placed the outfit down on the counter next to my phone. I took off my pajamas from my body then I put on my chosen birthday outfit. I stared at myself in the mirror admiring how good the outfit looked on me. Finally I picked up my phone from the counter, unlocked the door and walked out from the bathroom.

"How do I look like my best friend?" I asked my best friend, looking at her with a smile on my lips.

"Samantha I was right, this outfit looks beautiful on you." My best friend answered my question, looking at me as she smiled.

"Thank you Chloe, I feel beautiful today. I can't wait to see Tyler's reaction when he sees me." I told my best friend, retrieving my pair of black ankle boots from under my bed and I put them on.

"You should feel beautiful today on your birthday. You are going to surprise Tyler when he sees you with this outfit on Samantha." Chloe told me with an obvious expression on her face.

"It doesn't take a lot from my part to surprise Tyler, he is always happy to see me even if I showed up wearing a trash bag." I confessed to my best friend, checking the time on my phone. That's when I realized that I have less than fifteen minutes until my class starts. Chloe and I have all of our classes together on Fridays so we need to leave our dorm room soon before we end up being late to our first class.

"Maybe that's because Tyler has been in love with you since the first time he laid his eyes on you in that party when you first made out a couple of years ago." Chloe told me, picking up her backpack from the chair of her desk and putting it over her shoulders as she showed me a smile.

"Please, Chloe, I would know if Tyler has fallen in love with me." I told my best friend, shaking my head in disbelief at her comment. "Anyways, we should get to our first class. We don't want to be late."

"Samantha, I am not sure that you could see how Tyler looks at us. Whenever you aren't looking you can be a little oblivious." Chloe told me, looking at me and she was indeed  still smiling. "Yeah, pick up your backpack from your desk and let's go."

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

Our last class of the day had ended a couple of minutes ago so now Chloe and I are now free to celebrate my birthday with Tyler and Nick. The moment Chloe and I walked out from the classroom, my best friend didn't waste any time to get her phone out from her backpack and started texting Tyler or Nick.

"Chloe, which one of the boys are you texting?" I questioned my best friend while we walked towards the exit of the building along with the other students and the professors who were doing the same time.

"I am texting your lover boy as you like to call him checking to see if their class is over so far I haven't gotten a reply but I will tell you when I do." My best friend replied to my question, putting an arm around my shoulders as we began walking throughout the exit.

"Okay, thank you for answering my question Chloe. Speaking of nicknames, what are some nicknames that you love to call your boyfriend by?" I asked my best friend, happily smiling, making conservation while waiting to get information on where we are going to meet up with the boys.

"Of course Samantha, you know that I am always going to answer your question no matter how difficult they are. Expect the questions that will have to do with the plans regarding this birthday's celebration and future ones. " My best friend told me putting her phone in the back pocket of her jeans. "That's a good question, I have a couple of nicknames that I call him but my favorite one that I call my boyfriend is Romeo. What about you, which nicknames are your favorite that you call Tyler by?"

"I knew that would be your response Chloe. I truly appreciate it." I told my best friend, showing her an appreciative smile as we left the class building behind us the further we walked away. "Chloe, those are some cute nicknames that you gave Nick. My favorite nicknames that I have given Tyler are Archer and dimples boy."

"Well thank you my best friend, I know they are." Chloe told me, accepting my compliment. "Aww Samantha, you already have cute nicknames for Tyler and you guys aren't dating yet."

"Yeah, I know Chloe, we will see if Tyler and I end up dating even though I have a hard time believing that we will because we are just best friends with benefits nothing more." I told my best friend not to believe that Tyler and I will end up dating in the future.

"Keep telling yourself that Samantha I have a feeling that Tyler and you will end up dating when this semester ends." My best friend told me as  she took her phone out from her back pocket.

"Chloe when did you become a future reader?" I asked my best friend, letting out a small laugh and I looked at her over my shoulder. "Did Tyler just respond to your text message?"

"Samantha, I just have this feeling that I can't explain, I just know." My best friend responded to my question as she began trying away on her phone. "Yes he did, I know where they are, all that you need to worry about is you follow me and I will get us to our destination."