17 | The teasing continues

I woke up the next day, feeling a soft pillow against my head and with a blanket placed over my body feeling a soft mattress underneath my body. I lifted my head from the pillow quickly feeling a sharp pain on the right side of my head feeling a migraine coming in meaning that I was feeling the effects of a hangover.

I took a look at my surroundings wondering where I had slept the entire night. It didn't take me long to realize that I had slept in Tyler's room. I got down from the bed, took off the blanket and realized that the outfit that I was wearing last night was replaced with my pajamas from my overnight bag.

I walked out from Tyler's bedroom, quietly closing the bedroom's door behind me because I didn't want to wake up neither Nick nor Chloe. I walked through the hallway making my way down the downstairs hearing distant noises traveling up the stairs. The closer I walked down closer to the end of the stairs I heard the noises coming from the kitchen.

I reached the end of the stairs feeling the wooden floor underneath my feet. I walked towards the kitchen, following the noises and then getting hit by the smell of french toast being made in the kitchen.

"Oh you wake up earlier than I thought. Good morning sleepyhead." Tyler greeted me as soon as he saw me, walking into the kitchen and I sat down on one of the bar stools in front of the kitchen's island.

"I am surprised too, Archer. Good morning." I greeted him, placing my elbows down on the surface then I started rubbing my temples.

"Sammy, are you okay? Do you have a headache?" Tyler asked me, looking at me with a concerned expression, placing a glass of orange, a bowl with cut and fresh pineapples and then he put two ibuprofen next to the glass before he returned to making breakfast.

"I am feeling okay other than the migraine that I feel coming." I replied to his question, moving my hands from my temples then I lowered the elbows from the kitchen's island.

I took my pineapple from the bowl and I ate it before taking a sip from the glass of orange juice. It wasn't until now that I realized that Tyler is only wearing gray shorts leaving his upper body bare.

"I am so sorry about that, I hate migraines, they are awful. I hope after eating my delicious breakfast and taking the two ibuprofen you feel better." Tyler told me, placing one french toast down on one of the four plates placed on the kitchen's counter.

"It's okay Archer, I brought this upon myself due to my actions last night." I told him, showing him a kind smile as I felt my eyes landing on his abs like my eyes had their own mind. "I only hope that my drunk self wasn't mean to Nick, Chloe and even you."

"I know that your own actions caused you to have a migraine as one of the hangover effects. I can't help feeling bad that I wasn't there to help you from becoming drunk." Tyler told me sincerely showing regret coming out from her voice. "I can assure you that you weren't mean to Nick, Chloe, me or anyone else for that matter."

"Sammy, you can take a picture of my abs, maybe they will last longer . If you want to take a picture all that you need to do is ask. Let me tell you that my answer is going to be yes." Tyler added as an afterthought, placing the plate with French toast in front of me.

I playfull rolled my eyes at this filthing teasing comment leaving his mouth. It took Tyler longer than I had expected to send my way one of his flirting remarks. I took another sip from my drink looking away from his abs after being caught in the act.

"I  have a feeling that you helped me last night. Without your help I wouldn't be able to walk to your bedroom all by myself. You helped me, I don't want you to feel regretful Archer. Thank you for that." I told him, looking straight into his eyes.

"Perhaps I will take a picture of you, however I prefer looking at your abs in present time Archer. You know that  I like living in the moment." I told him, raising an eyebrow at him letting my eyes fall into his abs once again.

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

"How are you feeling today? I hope that you are feeling better Samantha" My best friend asked me returning from the kitchen, sitting down next to me on the couch holding a cup of chocolate milk.

Chloe and I were alone in the house for a brief moment until Tyler and Nick returned after buying the four of us lunch. For lunch all four of us decided that we wanted to eat food from Olive Garden. Tyler and Nick offered themselves to pick up our food without having Chloe or I asking them. Now they are gone for a while, Chloe and I have enough time to catch up.

"Chloe I am indeed already feeling better than I did yesterday. Me getting drunk yesterday was only a temporary sign of weakness. My migraine from early this morning has disappeared after eating the delicious breakfast that Tyler made us and taking the pain medication that Tyler gave me. Honestly, I am surprised that I am not feeling another effect from being hungover so far, not that I am complaining." I replied to my best friend's question, locking my phone and placing it face down on the couch next to me.

I saw Chloe taking a sip from her cup, listening to everything that I needed to say. She placed her cup carefully on the coffee table in front of the couch and then she made eye contact with me.

"I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. That makes me so happy to hear. Everyone has a sign of weakness more than once in their lifetime; we are only humans. I don't like migraines and I never will, I don't understand why they have to exist." My best friend told me, sharing her dislike for migraine, a dislike that I strongly shared with her. "I am happy that the migraine is the effect of a hangover. The only one has you experienced that I hope that it stays that way. From what I am hearing Tyler took good care of you not that I am surprised. I knew that I had left you in good hands. Ty's breakfast this morning was super delicious, he is mainly a soccer player but a wonderful chef on the side, Samantha you are a lucky one."

"Chloe, thank you for your words, you know what to say in order to make me feel better when I am down. I am lucky to have a best friend like you. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. I am so happy to have you as my best friend forever." I told my best friend, showing her an appreciative smile and looking at her. "I share the same dislike with you, that's a mystery that we aren't going to discover anytime soon unfortunately. Tyler indeed did take good care of me last night and today. I know that I am a lucky one, Tyler is an amazing best friend to me. He is always there for me whenever I need him or not, no matter what. I know right, his breakfast was so delicious, I never had a french toast so delicious like Tyler's. I need to borrow the recipe from him soon so I can make it myself. Tyler needs to teach all three of us how to make them. Maybe it can be a good idea to spend time together. There are a lot of things that make Tyler the person who he is today."

"You're welcome Samantha, I will always make you feel better using my words whenever you need to hear them. You know that I am always going to be there for you, just say the word and I will be there." My best friend told me, smiling kindly at me, not breaking eye contact. "Tyler's french toast is the best I had in my entire life. If you do get your hands on the recipe just call me and I will help you make them at our dorm room. I love your idea. Maybe we can make it be a double date between the four of us. We need to share the idea with them and see what they think. At first Tyler can be a little intimidating but as you get to know him better he ends up being a different person than you and I can agree."

"If I do get the recipe from him, you will be the first one I call Chloe, you don't need to worry about that. I have a feeling that they would love the idea about doing a double date. Nick and Tyler will do anything to spend time with us. We can bring up the idea this evening after we are done finishing eating our delicious food from Olive Garden. I still remember the first time I was introduced to Tyler by the one and only Nick and now look at us we are best friends who often hook up and sleep with each other." I said to my best friend, picking up my phone from the couch to look at the time.

The sound of the front door opening reached my ears pulling my attention from the phone onto the entryway. I wasn't the only one whose attention was caught by the sound of the front door being opened.

"Girls, we have arrived and we come bearing our food from Olive Garden!" Nick announces, sounding exciting, walking into the living room holding two bags with food from Olive Garden in his hands.