5: A Con's Concern

A/n sorry for this chapter being late! Had to rewrite it like 5 times
------

'None of this makes sense.' I thought to myself as I continued to fly aimlessly as dawn's gentle fingers of light crept up the black velvet sky. 'Maybe I'm just having ghost data? Or some sort of phantom memory? Ugh, I wish I knew how to access my memory core. Wait, what's that?'

I saw something move not far from where we last encountered the Decepticons. I drifted down to get a closer look and was surprised to see Blitzwing in a rather rough shape half buried in the snow. I landed not far from him and shifted forms, the triple changer looking up at me with a strange sort of fear that reminded me of the little femme I had seen in my dream.

I knew I had to help him, and I did my best at moving the massive bot out of the snow bank and against a tree. He was missing several parts of his frame, which were no doubt scattered around somewhere.

He didn't say a word as I located each missing part and dragged it over to reattach it to his frame, my smaller servos delicately working at the wiring and plating as best as I could for a bot without proper tools.

"I didn't know you had medical experience." He finally said.

"My caretaker taught me a few things." I said quietly as I fiddled with a few bolts and cables, eventually securing them into place. "I'm nowhere near as skilled as he is, but I can fix up a bot where needed."

"The... caretaker. Zat would be the Autobot medic, yes?"

"Mhm." I hummed while I worked. "He's been taking care of me since I came online."

"You were forged a triple changer?" He asked. I paused my work and looked up at him with a sad expression.

"No. I was an... experiment that went wrong." I looked back down at my work and continued on fiddling with wires and connection cables, eventually successfully reattatching one of his arms. "Flex your servo so I can see if I wired this correctly." Blitzwing did so and had fairly decent mobility. "Good, it's not perfect, but it will allow your internal repairs to finish the job." I then grabbed his leg and began work on reattatching it.

After a long silence, I was able to get the triple changer back into functioning condition.

"There, you should be able to get around now." I said.

"I... thank you." He said awkwardly. A small smile tugged at my face as a result. As I went to leave, he gently grabbed my servo, causing me to look back with curiosity. "Can... can you stay for a little bit and just... talk?" It was so strange to see hesitation come from the triple changer, but I shrugged and sat down in front of him.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"You said you were the result of an experiment," he said. "What do you mean by that?"

"It's... complicated." I said meekly. "The Autobots wanted to add flyers to their ranks and theorized they could convert grounders into flyers through some complicated changes. I was one of their test subjects."

"They captured you?" He asked.

"No, I was already dead." I said. "Whatever life I had previously was snuffed and erased from my data banks, although as of late, I'm not entirely sure if it was done correctly. But that's neither here nor there. You?"

"Similar story, except I... wasn't as fortunate." My expression softened at the triple changer, and I gently touched his servo in silent reassurance that he didn't have to say anything further.

"I'm sorry. I won't pry any further." I said.

"I've gotten over it." He said.

"Wish I could say the same." I muttered as I awkwardly fiddled with the stabilizing collar around my neck.