12: Infected

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Sentinel snapped as Ratchet rushed to head outside only to get stopped by Optimus.

"Ratchet, wait." Optimus said. "It could be a trap."

"Trap my aft! He has Y/D!" Ratchet snapped.

"Not just Y/D." Jazz said. "That little organic thing is with him too."

"What?" Optimus questioned as he looked back at the monitor and saw Sari right by Blitzwing's pede. "Oh, scrap."

-with Blitzwing-

"Come on, you stupid oafs!" Blitzwing quietly cursed to himself. "I'm risking a lot here!"

"Just give them a second Blitzwing." Sari said. "Keep yelling, and they should hear you."

"I do not understand why you are helping, small thing."

"Because you want to help Y/D get better, and so do i." She said with a small smile. "Plus, I know about you two love birds."

"Ohoho! Is a love bird pretty?" Blitzwing's Random persona cackled.

"Erm, sure?" The pair heard the entryway hiss open and dropped down, their attentions immediately turning to the source.

"Decepticon! Stand down!" Sentinel snapped as he and the others readied themselves. Blitzwing swapped to his Icy persona and stared down the mech with a glare.

"No, no! He's not going to hurt you!" Sari called out to the bots.

"Sari! Get away from him!" Bumblebee yelled as he and the others Autobots made their appearance.

"Please! Just listen!" She said. "Blitzwing isn't here to hurt anyone!" She then looked up at the triple changer who was now gently stroking my flushed and scalding hot cheek with a digit and a very concerned look. "He's here to help Y/D."

"Help?! That slagger took him!" Ratchet snapped.

"BECAUSE MEGATRON VOULD HAVE KILLED ME IF I DIDN'T!" Blitzwing's Hothead persona snapped. "I BROUGHT HIM HERE BECAUSE HE NEEDS HELP! AND BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT HIM MORE THAN I FEAR MEGATRON!"

"Did... did he say what I think he said?" Sentinel muttered to Jazz.

"Sir, I think he's telling the truth." Optimus said to the Magnus.

"Oh please, Optimus," Sentinel scoffed. "How would you know about it?"

"Because Sari and I caught them in the act before he went into stasis lock." Bumblebee piped up.

"Listen." Blitzwing's Icy persona said. "I need your help. He needs your help."

Ratchet pushed past the other mechs and headed straight for Blitzwing and Sari, the triple changer kneeling down and resting my weak frame on the ground.

"We tried my key, but it didn't work." Sari said. "He's burning up like how humans have a fever."

"And it started after zat battle." Blitzwing said. Ratchet shot him a side eye that made Blitzwing shift uncomfortably under before hooking up a diagnostic probe to me and running the results.

"The reason why your key isn't working on him is because there isn't any physical damage." Ratchet said as he analyzed the readings. "It's all psychological."

"It may have something to do vith the Enigma Programming." Blitzwing said.

"You know about that, huh?"

"I... was a part of the project somewhat." Blitzwing said as he looked away with guilt.

"What do you mean?" Sari asked.

"It's a long story, but we need to get him somewhere where I can have access to a cortical psychic patch or a quantity inter-processor device."

"You have medical experience?" Ratchet asked with surprise as he gently detached the probe from me and picked my barely conscious form up.

"I was a doctor once, a... a long time ago." Blitzwing said with a strangely sad expression.

"Well, now you can be a doctor in the Stockades." Sentinel growled as he pulled out a pair of stasis cuffs and stormed over to him.

"YOU CLAMBERING CLANK CLUTZ!" His Hothead persona barked. "I MAY BE ZE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HELP HIM!"

"Not a chance."

"Sentinel, wait." Optimus said. "What if he's telling the truth? Not many bots even know what a cortical psychic patch or an inter-processor device is or that they even exist."

"Optimus is right." Ratchet said. "Those devices are highly experimental."

"So how does this deceptiscum know about it?" Sentinel glared.

"Because I helped design them." Blitzwing's Icy persona said. "I know how to use them and how to help."

"Sir, we can't allow this... freak to do anything to an Autobot!" Sentinel protested.

"F.... frag... you." I rasped weakly, my vents locking up with a clank and a rough and violent coughing fit left my intake.

"Slag, he's fading." Ratchet said.

"Get him inside Ratchet. We have the tools this Decepticon said was needed." Ultra Magnus said. "Sentinel, detain him."

"With pleasure." As Sentinel reached to cuff Blitzwing, I let out a cracking screech noise that vaguely sounded like a 'no', startling Sentinel and his helm whipping around to glare at me.

I struggled out of Ratchet's grip and ended up falling on my aft, my frame shaking and rattling as I tried to push up.

"Kid, stop." Ratchet said as he knelt down. "You'll hurt yourself."

I whirred at him, similar to how I did when I first came online, my optics struggling to focus on Blitzwing and Sentinel.

"Y/D, it's okay." Blitzwing said as he held out his wrists. "I'll be okay." I warble at him as tears flooded my optics, Sentinel slapping the stasis cuffed on the mech and jabbing his back.

"Move Decepticon." Sentinel snarled.

I watched helplessly as Blitzwing was shoved inside, Ratchet picking my frame back up and carrying me inside.

When Sentinel turned a corner with Blitzwing in tow, I let out another warble and tried to reach for him, but to no avail.

The warnings in my systems filled up with alerts, my vision becoming staticky as the stasis lock took over once again.

-with Blitzwing-

"Get in there!" Sentinel snarled as he shoved Blitzwing inside the cell, the energy field raising up and trapping him inside. Blitzwing said nothing and only sat on the floor, his crimson optics fixating on the plating that lay there.

"I dunno if this is a good idea SP." Jazz said. "Locking up the only bot who could help Ratchet's kid? Doesn't seem right."

"Puh, with luck that scrawny brat will go offline, and we will have one less triple changing freak to deal with." Sentinel scoffed.

"YOU OVERGROWN RUSTY CHASSIS!" Blitzwing's Hothead persona barked. "IF YOU LET Y/D DIE, I WILL PERSONALLY TEAR OUT YOUR SPARK!"

"From in there?" Sentinel snorted. "I doubt it."

-with Ratchet-

"R... rat.. ratch... ratchet." I coughed and wheezed as the medic began hooking me up to various spark support systems. "Am... am i... going to die?"

"Not if I can help it." The medic said as he looked up at a video feed that displayed the brig. On the screen sat Blitzwing, alone and with a solem, grief filled expression. "Not if I can help it."