10: Enigma Deactivation

I wouldn't end up finding a location for the Decepticons. Instead, I would end up encountering the last thing anyone would expect.

The Autobot ship, which had been submerged in water for almost an earth year, was free once again. I was suddenly grabbed by a set of metallic claws that jutted out of the top. I didn't fight it, though, because my calculations dictated that there was only a 12.5% chance of escape without injury.

The claws brought me inside the ship where a familiar medic and human were looking at me in shock. I was then restrained in place by more metal claws and cables, the percentage for escape without damage dropping to 0.03%.

I stared blankly at the medic and human. There were no thoughts, no emotions, absolutely nothing behind my optics. I was just a machine.

"Primus..." Ratchet whispered, and he approached me. "What did he do to you?"

"Ratchet, did you find Y/D?" Optimus's voice called over the comlink.

"Yeah... yeah, I did." He said grimly. "I have him restrained at the moment, and we will be closing in on your location in a little while. Just hang tight." Ratchet closed the comlink and stared up at me with an expression that one usually had when they were mourning.

For a brief moment, the crimson left my optics, and a singular tear slid down my cheek, Sari spotting the change just as I returned to my cold and calculating state.

"He's still in there!" Sari said. "Ratchet, Y/D is still in there!" Ratchet looked down at the little girl in surprise and then back at me, his optics fixating on the damp trail left behind by the tear.

That is what they saw, but in my mind, the Y/D they knew was trapped deep inside, surrounded by chains and code, enslaved and broken.

It cried for freedom. It cried for Ratchet. It cried... for Blitzwing.

But no one could hear it.

No one could hear my core consciousness screaming and sobbing. No one could hear the pain and unfiltered agony I wanted to release in hot, heavy sobs. I was alone, with no way out.

I was going to die.

"Duel conscious programming detected." I muttered as my core consciousness and the Enigma Programming battled for control of my frame. By this point, Ratchet had picked up the other Autobots, and they all turned to look at me.

"Did he just say duel conscious programming?" Prowl asked.

"He did." Ratchet said grimly.

"What does that mean?" Sari asked.

"It means that Enigma and Y/D are battling inside his mind." Ratchet said as he became deep in thought. "And I think we can provide reinforcements." He went up to my restrained form and reached for the cables, gently disconnecting them one by one. After the 3rd one was pulled, my frame siezed up, and a scream left me.

As I screamed, the Decepticons opened fire on the ship, the Autobots scattering about to man various battle stations. I struggled and writhed as everything began to go haywire. It was all a blur of confusing and overwhelming colors, scents, sounds, and feelings.

Then it all imploded, my vision going black as I was forced deep inside my own mind.

I was surrounded by a black void where nothing was above, and nothing was below. It was cold, dark, empty, and extremely lonely.

But I knew I wasn't alone.

'Autobot consciousness programming detected.' The voice of the Enigma program echoed. 'Termination protocol activated.'