14: Awakening

"Sentinel, you can't disconnect them." Ratchet growled as he blocked the path to myself and Blitzwing.

"Like slag, I can't! Don't you realize that he's probably doing something to that... that freaky bot?! For all we know, he's reactivating this Enigma thing and is going to destroy us all!"

"What's going on here?" Optimus said as he entered the med bay and saw the scene. The Prime looked over to the medic and gave him an expression of concerned confusion. "Ratchet?"

"Listen, I don't like this as much as anyone else." Ratchet said. "But Blitzwing is the only one who can save Y/D. He programmed the battle protocols that Enigma uses, and he can disable them."

"Are you out of your antique processor?!" Sentinel snapped.

"Maybe, but what other choice do we have?" Ratchet argued.

"Sentinel, Ratchet has a point." Optimus said. "If Sari's key and Ratchet's skill weren't enough to revive Y/D, then Blitzwing might be the only chance he has left."

"I'm not about to let some rusty medic and a wannabe tell me what is right!" Sentinel then shoved Ratchet aside and reached for the cord, Optimus grabbing him and trying his best to hold him back. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

"Preventing you from making a mistake!" Optimus grunted.

"Sentinel Prime." Ultra Magnus said as he and the rest of the Autobots entered and saw the scene.

"This old bolt bag is allowing the Decepticon to use a cortical psychic patch, and this AFTHEAD!" Sentinel elbowed Optimus in the tanks, forcing the Prime to let go from the impact. "Thinks it was a good idea to stop me from disconnecting this madness."

The Magnus's gaze shifted to Blitzwing and myself before landing on Ratchet.

"Ratchet. I expect you to have an explanation for this." He said.

"Blitzwing programed the battle protocols for Enigma, the very thing that's killing Y/D right now." Ratchet said. "He's the only one who could save him!"

"Or he's reactivating Enigma and is going to kill us!" Sentinel argued.

-inside the mind of Y/D-

'Focus on me, Y/D.' Blitzwing said as he fiddled with the wires that had dug into my frame.

'Please hurry.' I whispered as the sounds of Ratchet and the others arguing reached me. 'Sentinel wants to pull the plug!'

'ILL BREAK HIS OVERGROWN CHIN!' Hothead said.

'And I'll take his optics and use them as marbles!' Radom cackled.

'Both of you, quit it.' Blitzwing hissed before returning his focus on me. 'I'll go as quickly as I can, allow me access to your core consciousness.'

I closed my optics and allowed him to access my core consciousness, the void twisting away to a white room, the distorted figure changing and taking on the shape of Enigma as it pulled away from me.

'Entity identified.' Enigma said as he released me from my bindings, and my frame collapsed into a pile. 'Subject recognized as Decepticon scientist Blitzwing.'

'Enigma, deactivate defense protocol. Access code: Oblivion.' Blitzwing said.

"Another access code is required.'

'Dammit.' Blitzwing muttered. 'What other access code could be needed?'

'Ohoho! I know!' Random giggled.

'DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT YOU BUMBLING IDIOT!' Hothead snapped.

'Access code: Starscream!'

'VHY YOU-'

'Access code: Accepted. Defense protocol, shutting down.' Enigma said.

'Vell, zat was unexpected.' Blitzwing said.

Suddenly, everything went white in a flash, and my optics snapped open with a gasp, Sentinel jumping back in surprise with my end of the patch in his grip.

"Sentinel! Have you lost your mind?!" Ratchet barked. I was about to say something when I heard a groan from Blitzwing, my frame immediately jumping from the medical berth and rushing over to his collapsed form.

"BLITZY!" I cried out as I sat on my legs and gently grabbed the sides of his helm. His optics were closed, and he looked almost like he was in a deep stasis. "Blitzy? Blitzy! No, nonono..." I tried shaking him awake, my spark thundering and liquid pooling in my optics. "Wake up! Please wake up!"

But there was no response.

Grief crashed into me, and I began to weep, my arms and helm resting on his broad chassis as the tears fell.

"Please... wake up." I whispered.

"Well, that takes care of our Con." Sentinel said, his words digging into me like red hot daggers. I slowly turned my helm to him and shot a death glare that, if looks could kill, would have eviscerated the mech.

"You..." I growled lowly as my optics flicked to Violet. I slowly stood up and stepped deliberately and firmly towards him, the wrath inside me threatening to overflow like a geyser. "What have you done?!"

"I did what was necessary!" Sentinel snapped.

"Necessary? NECESSARY?! YOU PUT ONE OF THE ONLY BOTS I CARE ABOUT MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF IN STASIS LOCK! HOW THE FRAG IS THAT NECESSARY?!" I jabbed a digit into the egotistical Prime's chassis and glared at him with the fury of Unicron. "I HAVE HALF A MIND TO TEAR OUT YOUR PROCESSOR AND MAKE YOU EAT IT! DO YOU EVEN HAVE A PEOCESSOR IN THERE?! SURE DOESN'TSEEM LIKE IT! WHY I OUTTA BREAK THAT OVERGROWN GROWTH YOU CALL A CHIN OFF AND BASH IT INTO YOUR HELM!"

Sentinel stared down at me as I chewed his aft out with wide optics and a mild blush on his face. If I wasn't so enraged, I'd have noticed it instantly. All I knew was that I was pissed and the bot responsible for it all was right in front of me.

My rabid rampant rant was quickly difused when I heard a small groan from Blitzwing, my optics flicking back to blue and my helm whipping around to him.

"Blitzy!" I whispered as I ran to the slowly awakening bot. "Blitzwing? Can you hear me, love?"

"Nnnngh... who... who pulled ze plug?" Blitzwing groaned as his optics slowly opened and blinked at me.

"Doesn't matter." I said quietly as I wrapped my arms around Blitzwing's neck. Tears slowly leaked out, and I quietly wept in relief while whispering sweet nothings to him.

----

"What do we do with Blitzwing now?" Jazz asked the Magnus as the others aside from Ratchet left the med bay.

"He saved Y/D's life." Optimus said. "And I don't think Megatron would treat him too kindly if he found out that he did."

"They will both be returned to Cybertron." Ultra Magnus said.

"What? Why?" Sari piped up.

"Blitzwing must be tried for his crimes, and Y/D will also be tried." Ultra Magnus said.

"What?! Why?!" Bumblebee exclaimed. "What did Y/D do?"

"My affiliating himself with the Decepticons in such a way he has violated Cybertronian law."

"YOU'RE GOING TO ARREST Y/D BECAUSE HE LOVES BLITZWING?!" Sari snapped angrily. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

"That's life squishy." Sentinel growled. "I'll cuff 'em, and we can get the frag out of here."