Chapter 1 (Part 1)

"Hey, Jean! Wake up! It's the first day of school! Are you ready??" Bertie called out as he knocked on the door.

     Bertie and George take a step back, their gazes fixed intently on the doorway as they await its opening. With a faint creak, the hinges groan in protest. Then, the door swings inward, revealing the other side.

     Standing on the other side of the door is Bertie and George's youngest brother, Jean. Jean stands at an equal height to his siblings. His soft, silky hair matches the colour of dry sand on the beach on a sunny day, and his eyes, gleaming like the comets in the night sky, possess the shade of ground coffee beans.

     Jean dons a black tailcoat over a crisp white vest and shirt. Around his neck, an ascot tie adorns him, its colour harmonizing with his tailored black trousers that taper above his shiny leather shoes. Completing his distinguished school uniform, Jean neatly arranges a blue sash with delicate white linings around his waist, leaving its end to cascade loosely like a stylish necktie.

"Oh, you're ready already?" Bertie gawked at Jean's impeccably dressed uniform.

"I am," Jean nodded. "How about you two?"

Bertie's face flushed. "Oh! Uh- well, we were about to call you for—"

"Never mind us! We should just get ready," George interjected, stepping forward and placing a hand on Bertie's shoulder.

"Mhm," Bertie bobbed his head in agreement.

"Yeah, you two should hurry. Otherwise, we might end up running late," Jean replied.

Bertie's eyes sparkled as he playfully saluted Jean, his right hand flying to his brow. "Aye, aye, Captain!" he grinned. With a burst of energy, Bertie swiftly turned and dashed down the corridor. "Let's go, George!"

"Wait up, Bertie!" George called out, trailing behind his enthusiastic brother.

     Jean stood by the door and leaned against his bedroom's doorframe, observing with crossed arms as Bertie and George sprinted down the hall. He shook his head slightly as he smirked. A subtle smile played on his lips as he turned away and approached his bed piled with two suitcases and one backpack.

     Soon, the once clear sky transformed into a rich blue, rivalling the vastness of the seas, as the white clouds hurriedly departed, allowing the bright daylight to illuminate the land. The wind blew fiercely, tugging at the clothes of those venturing outdoors. Vibrant flowers bloomed, creating a captivating contrast against the surrounding greenery, their alluring fragrance filling the air with the sweet scent of roses.

     Jean, Bertie, and George emerged from the mansion's front door, bidding farewell to the comforting embrace of their home. Donning their respective uniforms, they hopped off the porch and marched across the front lawn, where the garden bloomed in rainbow-like colours. The wind blew in their direction, causing the flowers and plants to sway and wave their goodbyes. Jean and George, both in their second year, sported blue sashes around their waist, while Bertie, a third-year student, displayed a red sash.

     As they cross the expansive lawn, Jean, Bertie, and George approach a tall iron gate. Passing through it, they step onto the sidewalk, where they encounter their older sisters, Victoria and Elizabeth, standing side by side near the gate. Standing behind Victoria and Elizabeth are two middle-aged men named Oliver and Gregory.

     Victoria's hair, styled in a smooth braided bun, possesses a deep shade reminiscent of an obsidian crystal. Her eyes shimmer like clay, complementing her light, pale skin that resembles freshly fallen snow. She wears a plaid dress with a bell-shaped skirt accentuated by a white sash cinched around her waist. Her sleeves run down to her wrists, and the white collar stands out against the soft lavender hue of her bodice.

     Beside Victoria stands Elizabeth, her hair fashioned into a smooth low bun that radiates the fiery glow of a setting sun. Her eyes, simple yet captivating, mirror the colour of crunchy autumn leaves, while her fair and rosy skin gleams like moonlight. Elizabeth's dress, resembling the vibrant shade of lime, gracefully drapes around her petite figure, modestly concealing her forearms and cleavage from the bright sunlight.

"Hey, good luck at school," Victoria said, placing her hands behind her back.

"Do good, alright?" Elizabeth added.

"We will," Jean responded, a warm smile spreading across his face as he looked at his sisters.

     Oliver and Gregory step forward, positioning themselves before Jean, Bertie, and George. In a moment of silence, the group exchanges warm, benevolent smiles. They stand tall, hands placed behind their backs, chests puffed out, and flash each other bright, toothy grins.

     Oliver stands tall and exalted, yet his gracious smile emanates genuine humility. His hair gleams like a carnelian crystal, reflecting the sunlight with a radiant golden glow, giving him an ethereal aura akin to a divine angel with a halo. His eyes, sharp and perceptive, glisten like amber, capturing and reflecting the essence of treasured memories. A light, subtle beard accentuates his smirk, painting a touch of masculinity to his handsome face.

     A thick brown coat that speaks of the ever-changing fashion drapes over Oliver's broad, muscular frame. A moss-green waistcoat hugs his waist, perfectly complementing the coat. His white trousers reach down his legs, creating a striking contrast against his shiny black shoes. Completing his ensemble, a flowing ribbon adorns his neck, its loose ends swaying in the breeze.

     Gregory stands beside Oliver, his head slightly towering above the tip of Oliver's dark copper hair. His hair, as dark as the expanse of the night sky, holds within it the echoes of countless journeys from bygone eras. His eyes blaze like fiery coals, radiating a brilliant light that dances like mist. Meanwhile, his once light and subtle beard has grown thick like an ever-expanding forest, deepening in colour like the twilight sky.

     The creamy-orange hue of Gregory's waistcoat contrasts sharply with the darkness of his coat that wraps around his burly figure. His trousers, as grey as the cloudy sky, extend down to his black leather shoes. A gleaming golden pocket watch hangs between the opening of his overcoat, catching the sunlight, and a black ribbon adorns his neck, creating a harmonious interplay of colours in his suit.