Chapter 2 (Part 1)

The door swings open gradually, revealing a charming boy on the other side of the frame. The boy's fluffy, silken strands glimmer with a magnificent glow despite being as dark as the darkest shadow in the land, and as he grins, he exposes his shiny teeth that gleam like a diamond. His fair and velvety skin reflects every glimmering light around him, and it appears to be even summoning its own radiance. His eyes, sharp and seductive, capture the golden sunlight streaming through the windows, casting a bronze-like hue upon them. There is an air of intrigue about him—as if the wind is compelled to caress his handsome face, gently swaying his hair despite the confines of the enclosed space.

     The boy wears a black tailcoat over a pristine white shirt and a matching white waistcoat. A black ascot tie wraps around his neckline, harmonizing with his black trousers and polished shoes. Around his slim waist, a sash catches the eye, mirroring the vibrant hue of a bright blue sky. Based on his attire, it is conspicuous that he is a second-year student on the campus.

"Oh, hi," the boy gasped, his eyes widening with surprise upon spotting Jean standing by the window.

"Oh, hello there," Jean replied, shifting his body to face the boy.

"It seems you've arrived before me. Are you going to be residing in this dorm?" the boy inquired confidently.

"Yeah," Jean nodded kindly.

"Well then, that makes us roommates," the boy stated, closing the distance between them. Lowering his two suitcases, he extended his hand towards Jean. "The name's Kevin. Kevin Harbert," he introduced himself with a charming smile.

"Jean Hidesine-Podeshire," Jean replied, returning the handshake and introducing himself calmly.

"...Wow," Kevin's brows furrowed, his head tilting slightly to the left. Jean's name triggered a whirlwind of thoughts within Kevin's mind, but he struggled to grasp the elusive memory. However, as the puzzle piece finally fell into place, Kevin locked eyes with Jean. "That name sounds... so familiar," Kevin pondered, his thoughts crystallizing.

"Oh, does it?" Jean raised an eyebrow, genuinely intrigued by Kevin's statement.

"It does," Kevin replied firmly.

"...Now that you've mentioned it, your name sounds strangely familiar, too," Jean remarked.

     Jean and Kevin locked their gazes, unable to ignore the peculiar sensation of déjà vu that enveloped them. The mention of each other's names stirred a nostalgic memory deep within their minds, leaving an indelible mark. It felt as if a solid steel ball had collided with their thoughts, leaving an imprint that refused to fade away.

     The weight of this inexplicable feeling bore down heavily upon Jean and Kevin. What had initially felt like a mere boulder gradually transformed into a burden as immense as a mountain. They strained to grasp that elusive thought, but it slipped through their fingers. The sensation weighed upon them—as if they carried ranges of mountains upon their very backs.

     Jean and Kevin intensified their efforts to capture that mysterious thought, their eyes locked firmly on each other. Their gaze gradually drifted towards their hair, and as their eyes settled upon those strands, the powerful sense of déjà vu surged even stronger. They felt sure they were on the brink of capturing that thought, their instincts guiding them closer to the truth.

     The moment leaves Jean and Kevin pondering the reasons behind the surge of emotions they are experiencing. They are acutely aware of the strangeness of it all, yet they cannot deny the presence of these intense feelings. It is a mystery that begs for an explanation, but they find themselves unable to provide a concrete answer or a solid foundation for their response.

     Kevin tilts his head, furrowing his brows as he closely studies Jean's hair. The sight of Jean's hair colour evokes powerful memories from the past, reminiscent of days long gone. The blend of cloud and wheat hues is something Kevin has encountered before, but he remains uncertain whether Jean is the person connected to those memories.

     Jean's gaze hardens as he locks his eyes onto Kevin's captivating gaze. There is a familiarity in Kevin's eyes that Jean cannot shake off. The rust-coloured hue holds a painful recognition, but Jean struggles to articulate that thought accurately as his mind pulsates with questions and endless contemplation.