Chapter 12 (Part 2)

The wind sang its heavenly hymn as it brushed against the facade of the grand mansion. Fireflies continued to shimmer in the vast gardens, slowly fading away as they moved about. The night sky turned neon with the blue galaxies above, and the stars shed their light, casting soft light upon the land.

     Oliver gazed through the window, admiring the beauty of the vast expanse of the night sky. As he delighted in seeing the sky's wonder, meteor showers bolted across the galaxies. Spotting their white, whizzing tails, Oliver locked his eyes on them and watched as they descended. As he observed their smooth movement, he recalled the cherished moment he experienced before, causing his heart to flutter with gentle flames.

     Meanwhile, inside Jean's bedroom, silence saturates every corner. But, the tranquillity is short-lived when Jean snaps from his sleep and bolts upright from the bed. Gasping, Jean pants and presses his palms against his heaving chest. Concerned for his friends' sleep, he glances at them. And to his relief, he finds them still deep in their slumber.

     Jean takes a deep breath, trying to steady himself. As his breathing steadies, he closes his eyes and lets out a heavy sigh. Gazing to his right, Jean looks at his window and crawls across the bed towards it. He then pushes through the curtain and slides the glass open, the wind coming towards him to greet him.

     As Jean pokes his head through the window, the wind softly brushes against his face and tousles his hair. Savouring the crisp air, Jean seizes the opportunity to rest his eyes and breathes in. Turning around, he glances at his friends, seeing them asleep. With an urge forming within, Jean looks outside and steps on the window.

     Stealthily and silently, Jean passes through the window, stepping onto the roof. He then closes the window, sliding it down, and climbs a higher roof. As he reaches the peak of the grand mansion, he settles and embraces his knees. As he sits quietly atop the roof, the cold, nightly breeze caresses his face and whistles past his ear.

     Jean cranes his neck and peers at the otherworldly night sky. As he gazes at the vast expanse of the sky above, he takes in the magnificence of the celestial bodies that act as a balm to his stress. Though heavy at first, the burdensome thoughts in his mind gradually lift as he admires the colourful galaxies and bright, white stars.

     As the gentle, nightly wind soothes Jean to sleep, he lies on his back and places his hands on his chest. As he stares at the sky, his thoughts, once overwhelming and loaded, clear and depart from his restless mind. Slowly, Jean's heavy eyes close, and he falls into a profound, serene sleep.

     As Jean drifts into slumber, he is enveloped by the dulcet tones of a soothing, ethereal voice that resonates from within his dream. The feminine timbre of the voice caresses his senses as it delicately weaves a gentle lullaby, its melody ebbing and flowing like a tranquil tide. Bathed in a calming rhythm, the voice releases a cascade of soft, melodic notes that harmonize harmoniously, creating a serene symphony in the depths of Jean's subconscious.

"Hush, my little Jean. Come close your soft brown eyes. In the realm of dreams, your spirit will soon rise. In whispers of the past, my footsteps lie, leading you nearer, as the days go by. So, rest now, hon, in slumber's deep embrace. For soon, the dreams will reveal the path you will face."

     As the gentle lullaby comes to a close, a soft, melodic whisper caresses Jean's ear. With eyes closed, Jean immerses himself in the enchanting cadence, eagerly absorbing every word of the voice's guidance. Like a gentle breeze, the voice glides effortlessly into Jean's consciousness, evoking a profound wave of nostalgia that washes over him.

"My dearest, beloved Jean... lend me your ear," the voice instructed. "When you reach the tender age of seventeen, you'll return home to find me. But you won't find me just yet until dawn arrives. As you slumber and hear these words echoing in your dream, awaken and hasten to the unoccupied chamber on the second floor of your mansion... place your trust in me."