Chapter 7 (Part 5)

As Kevin peered deeply into Jean's delicate gaze, he knew what was within his churning mind. For he was yet uncertain, he knew he needed confirmation. With his decision crystalizing, Kevin cleared his throat and prepared to address Jean with a calm and assuring voice.

"Jean. I suppose... you were having yet another vision... weren't you?" he asked.

Jean focused on his thoughts before responding. "Probably," he replied.

"Whatever it is, we're willing to help you figure those things out," Gabriel said with a smile.

"Gee, thanks, guys. I truly appreciate your help and concerns... but... what if I'm just imagining things...?" Jean pondered, scratching his nape as his gaze turned softer.

"You can't be!" Gabriel interjected. "You know well about Scarlet. That's why I met her. Because of you! Because you had a vision!"

"Gabriel's right. It's all logic. We can conclude you are legitimately having visions," Kevin concurred, placing a hand on Gabriel's shoulder. Taking a deep breath, Kevin leaned closer to Jean, pressing his forearms against the wooden surface of their long desk. "So, tell us. What did you see...?" he questioned him.

"...I saw two people: a man and a woman. They were, like... arguing..." Jean stated.

"Uh-huh. What were they arguing about?" Kevin asked.

"Shouldn't that not be our business?" Gabriel glanced at Kevin.

Jean furrowed his brows as he gathered his memories. "I'm not entirely sure what caused their argument. But... from what I saw... the lady was following behind the man, who wanted to leave her. But, she refused to be abandoned," Jean narrated, his fingers fidgeting.

"That's surely some drama," Gabriel thought.

"I agree. It is," Kevin nodded, glancing at Gabriel.

"...Also. That lady... that lady with blonde hair... I've always seen her in my dreams... in my visions," Jean continued, his eyes meeting Kevin and Gabriel's gazes.

"Since when?" Kevin asked curiously.

"...Since the moment I lost consciousness on our first day in Professor Sauber's class, I began to get visions of her," Jean answered. "It's peculiar. I've never gotten visions until that day. And ever since then, I always get dreams that are so... so realistic. So intense."

"Do you have any idea who the lady is?" Gabriel wondered, directing his words to Jean.

     Jean pondered momentarily. But he knew that the lady was none other than his mother, as it was confirmed in his dream. Nevertheless, he couldn't assume or come up with a good conclusion. And he was left unsure of how to respond, his silence lingering.

     Just as Jean was about to reveal his thoughts, his ears caught a muffled, distant noise again. Likewise, Kevin, Gabriel, and the other students inside the classroom heard it, the noise silencing them synchronously. The sound grew louder with each beat, and soon it became distinct footsteps.

     Raising a brow, Jean straightened his back on his seat and gazed towards their classroom door. Kevin and Gabriel mimicked Jean, pulling back from his face. Then, a figure passed through the door; it was none other than Professor Lenszcen.