Chapter 2 (Part 5)

The room fell into a hushed stillness as the sound of clicking wood reverberated through the air, its echoes lingering. Conversations ceased immediately, and all eyes turned towards the front of the classroom. There, the professor stood, a broad smile illuminating her face as she confidently tapped her trusty wooden stick against the blackboard six times. Each strike resonated with a distinct thud, capturing the attention of every student in the mighty chamber.

"Good morning, students!" the professor beamed. With a firm grip on a piece of white chalk, she moved across the dark green surface of the blackboard, leaving behind a trail of words. "My name is..." As soon as she completed her writing, she turned to face the eager students and confidently introduced herself. "...Theodora Scar Brownspotts. Please refer to me as Mrs Brownspotts! I will be your General Adviser and your professor in Philosophy."

In unison, the students greeted her, their voices resounding through the room and filling the space with a chorus of respect. The words crashed against the walls, transforming into a powerful echo that reverberated throughout the chamber. "Good morning, Mrs Brownspotts."

Mrs Brownspotts returned the chalk to its holder on the blackboard. She then joined her palms together, gently sandwiching her trusty wooden stick between them. With a radiant smile illuminating her face, she took a deep breath, preparing to address the students. Her calm yet resonant voice projected far into the room, capturing the attention of every individual present. "Today holds great significance, for it marks the beginning of your journey as second-year students at Asbranne National Campus," she began. "I extend a warm welcome to all of you as you return to your second home. And to those who have transferred here, I express my genuine gratitude for choosing Asbranne National Campus as your beloved college." Pausing briefly, Mrs Brownspotts gathered a deep breath through her nose, allowing a moment of reflection. "Now, take a moment to examine yourselves. You have all entered your second year, a milestone to be proud of," she continued. "Let's admit it, there have been countless times when you've wondered how you managed to survive your first year, am I right?"

"Mhmh," the students giggled, playfully nudging each other as they exchanged knowing glances.

"Why? Am I correct, though?" Mrs Brownspotts raised an eyebrow, tapping her foot playfully against the floor. "Answer! Answer!" she urged.

"Yes, Mrs Brownspotts," the students answered.

"Haha! As I knew it!" Mrs Brownspotts chuckled. "And now!"

     Mrs Brownspotts turned to her left, her gaze focused on a particular spot. With a precise movement, she pointed her trusty wooden stick towards the floor. As if invoking a touch of enchantment, golden particles began to shimmer and swirl around the tip of her wand-like stick. The glittering sparkles then burst forth, descending to touch the wooden floor. As they caressed the ground, a wondrous spectacle unfolded before the mesmerized students.

     A magnificent, square-shaped structure emerged, its golden surface glittering and sparkling like a treasure trove. It enveloped the entire platform, leaving only Mrs Brownspotts standing at the front, her presence enhanced by the magical display. The air hummed with otherworldly energy as the golden structure pulsated and gleamed, reminiscent of the twinkling stars in a moonlit sky.

     The magic's surface, resembling fine stardust, emitted a radiant glow akin to the golden sunlight at dawn. Slowly, the structure rose, forming a subtle crest, and projected captivating images upon its shimmering surface. The images appeared as if they were plucked from the past, a technology far beyond the students' wildest imaginations.

"I present before you all... the rich history of Asbranne National Campus," Mrs Brownspotts smiled warmly, her eyes gleaming with pride. "Asbranne National Campus had its humble beginnings in the twelfth century as a modest school known as Porpelamp College. It was founded by the Duchess of Avelsburg and her two sisters." She paused briefly before continuing. "In the year eighteen-o-three, a pivotal moment occurred. Our beloved country of the north, Asbranne, gained independence from the kingdom of Auxgaurrde. It was at this time that Porpelamp College transformed into the renowned institution we now know as Asbranne National Campus. Throughout its storied existence, Asbranne National Campus has nurtured and cultivated numerous talented men and women who have gone on to make a substantial impact in their respective fields. The name of this reputable institution has become synonymous with excellence and distinction. Today, Asbranne National Campus offers exceptional opportunities to its students. Graduating from this university opens doors to a successful and fulfilling life. You are part of this incredible legacy, and I am confident that your time here will be transformative," she winked.

"This is the same orientation as last year," Kevin whispered to Jean.

Jean responded with a kind smile, understanding Kevin's observation but choosing not to dwell on it.

"And, of course, we, professors, are highly revered and reputed, each with countless degrees and extensive experiences!" Mrs Brownspotts continued, emphasizing their qualifications. "Rest assured, studying at Asbranne National Campus will be a truly wonderful experience under our guidance. And once again! Welcome to Asbranne National Campus," she concluded, sliding her wooden stick across her left palm.