Tulips

After Theo, Odeya, Riddle and I talked for a while, I decided to go up to my dorm. I said my goodnights and left, walking up the stairs, only now realising how exhausting they are. 

When I reached my dorm I saw a bouquet of flowers sitting at my front door. Pink and white tulips wrapped in brown paper, they were gorgeous. 

There was a note attached to it.

Looking at these flowers and admiring their beauty is what it feels like when I look at you. 

T.R.

They're from Tom, how fucking sweet. Although I never knew he was one to ever gift flowers but that's the sweetest thing ever. 

I take them inside and fill a vase with water, and put the flowers in. None of the girls were here. 

The highlight of my night. 

I get ready for bed because I am exhausted but because I have the best luck someone knocks on my door.  

Don't answer and they'll leave it's fine. 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Fuck me dead. 

"What?" I say as I open the door, suddenly being met with a familiar face. Blaise. "Oh, hi Blaise. What's up?"

Blaise gives me a tight smile and peaks inside, "You alone?" He's off. We need to talk.

"You wanna talk?" He nods. I open the door and gesture for him to come in, "come in Timon", I say, chuckling at the nickname.

Blaise also chuckles, coming in "Thanks Pumbaa." He sits at the end of my bed, crossing his legs. I sit at the top end, looking at him.

When we were kids, Blaise and I loved watching cartoons, one time we found a movie 'The lion King' in his movie room. We watched it every chance we got, and ever since then I called him Timon, and he called me Pumbaa. 

I call him Timon because he can surely look out for himself, he never abandons his friends and family in times of trouble and is willing to risk himself for them. He's also funny, sarcastic at times, still full of life though.

I sigh, "So you and Pansy huh? Knew something was gonna happen." I say, wiggling my eyebrows at him.

Blaise shakes his head, "girl I don't know.."

What the fuck is this boy on about? He landed one of the prettiest girls I know, she's funny, a bad ass and so loyal and loving when she's in a relationship, and he's in here with his 'girl I don't know'. Don't know my ass, watch them be the first to get married.

"The fuck does that mean?" I ask, tilting my head to the side, trying to figure out if he's being serious.

Blaise sighs and looks down, and he genuinely looks sad. It's weird because Blaise is never sad, yes we've opened up to each other before, many times, but he's never looked like this type of sad. 

"Does 'Mr & Mrs Parkinson have decided that their daughter, Pansy Parkinson is going to have an arranged marriage to Kevin Grindelwald' ring a bell?"

Oh, about that.

He looks up at me "I like her, I wanna be with her, but I don't wanna get attached just for her to be ripped away from me at any moment."

I put a hand on his shoulder, I hate seeing him like this. "Boy if you don't cheer up right now. Remember I said I was gonna talk to her parents? We can fix this, you're not gonna lose her, I promise you."

Blaise scoffs, "We're kids Y/N, we can't do shit. What are you gonna say to them to make them change their minds? How are you gonna do it?" I got connections Blaise, don't you worry.

I laugh "I got my ways." This is on me now. 

"Your ways? I bet you 50 galleons she's gonna be married by the end of the year, and I'll be there to watch." He gets up off the bed, walking to the long mirror. "Kevin fucking Grindelwald."

I walk up beside him. "Its a bet, Timon", I smile.

///Time skip///

Classes were over for the day, and I was in the common room with Enzo and Jade. They were lost in a conversation, but I couldn't stop thinking about last night, with Blaise. 

I knew what I had to do. I promised them both, I'm not gonna let them down. They deserve to be together.

I need to see Tom.

I get up and make my way to the library leaving Enzo and Jade alone. Tom should be there, we have a divination quiz coming up.

I walk in and I see him, sitting at the back of the library. I make my way to him, smiling, remembering the tulips from last night. 

He had his sleeves rolled up, showing his veiny arms, and he was concentrating on the parchment and books in front of him. He looks so fucking fine. He could bend me over on this desk and I wouldn't complain. 

Tom didn't look up, but he knew I was there. "Hello darling, care to join me?" So. Fucking. Fine.

"Hi, Tom," I take a seat and speak up. "Busy?"

He closes the book and looks up at me, "not anymore." He smiles, his perfect smile, I could swoon any second. 

I look down, obviously trying to hide my blush. "Thanks for the flowers by the way, they were beautiful."

Tom packed his notes away and got up. "Anything to make you happy, doll. Plus, I meant what I wrote on that note." He offered his hand and I took it. 

We were walking out of the library, hand in hand. "Tom, do you know what would make me happy?" I say, looking up at him while we walk to the black lake.

He looks down at me. "Tell me, doll." That damn nickname.

"Seeing my friends happy." Pansy's parents were never gonna listen to me. I knew it, Blaise knew it and Pansy definitely knew it.

We sit down at the lake, and I rests my head on his lap, looking down at me he asks "Are they not? I mean they all got someone and we always have parties, no exams currently. So what's the matter?"

I shake my head, remembering the look on Blaise's face and how Pansy looked upset the day she found out. "Blaise and Pansy. I promised I'd fix it, but we all know I don't have the power to do that."

He strokes my hair, then his eyes light up, like he got an idea or something. "I know who does, I can help you out."

I sit up "Who?" I know who, I planned this. 

Tom shakes his head and chuckles, bringing me back down, "Don't you worry sweetheart." He continues to stroke my hair and I smile. Enjoying every moment.