656-660

Chapter 656— Hidden Intentions

Suddenly, He Xi's voice, laced with uncertainty, reached Qing Luan's ears, "Qing Luan, do you have any news about your master yet?"

The maid snapped back to reality, quickly responding, "Miss, the master has sent a message to Wu Xing, saying he will come to see you by the end of this month at the latest, and he's safe now. Please don't worry, Miss."

I can see him this month? He Xi's lips twitched into a thin line. She couldn't help but voice her complaints.

Nangong Yu, that rascal, we're clearly in love, yet I haven't seen him for months.

How are we supposed to nurture our relationship!

The young maid with a cold gaze by her side, who was also a Gold Core stage master, was called Zhu Que.

In other words, her codename was Suzaku.

At the King of Hell Mansion, whether it was Qing Long, Bai Hu, Zhu Que, Xuan Wu, or Wu Xing, Wu Yu, Wu Gou, Wu Nian, they were merely codenames.

They were chosen from countless talented martial artists. After rigorous assessments, they finally signed a blood pact with Nangong Yu and became his trusted allies.

After the original Zhu Que was imprisoned in the Spirit Sealing Prison, a new assessment began. Eventually, someone would be given the codename Zhu Que.

As soon as the new Zhu Que passed the assessment, Qing Long immediately sent her to He Xi.

The events at the Sealed Dragon Domain and Breaking Spirit Mountain made Qing Long realize what his master's biggest weakness was.

His master's power was already immense, so few people in Miluo Continent could hurt him.

However, if someone were to hurt Miss Nalan, he didn't know what his master would do in his rage.

Moreover, his master's chronic cold syndrome could only be cured by Miss Nalan.

So instead of protecting his master, it was better to protect Miss Nalan, so his master would no longer have any weaknesses.

Since Wu Xing was inadequate alone, Zhu Que would also protect her. One in the shadows; one by her side. This was just perfect.

He Xi was now used to Nangong Yu arranging someone to protect her.

This man was highly possessive. If she defied him, who knew what he would do.

Because Zhu Que's name was too conspicuous, He Xi called her Qing Luan on a daily basis.

Qing Luan had grown up in the death warrior camp of the King of Hell Mansion. She wasn't the most talented, but through sheer willpower and a strong heart, she had endured and passed the assessment.

Qing Luan was naturally cold-blooded. In her eyes, there were only her master's commands. In her mind, there was only obedience.

To her, He Xi was merely a mission target. She neither liked nor disliked her. Her usual expression was mostly cold.

It was only when He Xi concealed her Gold Core Stage's cultivation with medicine, did she show some awkward expression.

He Xi quite liked Qing Luan's character. She could separate herself from her work, which was better than the previous Zhu Que.

Suddenly, the door was forcefully pushed open.

A maid with a beautiful face, makeup, and fragrant perfume walked in, her voice soft, "Third Miss, the young master has asked me to take you to meet Master and Madam!"