686-690

Chapter 686— Crown Prince's Dilemma

Not to mention the lofty Feng Family, whom even the Jinling Royal Family dared not go against, had repeatedly suffered losses at the hands of Xi Yue. It was evident how powerful Xi Yue had become.

Shangguan Qi had never heard of a woman that Xi Yue paid attention to, so why was he interested in the unremarkable Nalan He Xi? Could it be because Nalan He Xi really had a pure yin physique?

But even if she didn't have the pure yin physique, as long as he could connect with Xi Yue through Nalan He Xi, he would have access to countless medicinal pills. Perhaps the entire Shengde Hall would be his.

As these thoughts crossed Shangguan Qi's mind, his eyes darkened. What did it matter if she was just a little side concubine? So what if she was ugly? He could simply ignore her after marrying her.

For Shangguan Qi, improving his strength and political power were the most important things at the moment.

Nalan Ziyun continued to whisper in his ear, trying to persuade him otherwise. "Your Highness, you see that my second sister is really in love with you, and her cultivation qualifications are good. Instead of marrying an ugly woman with a useless physique, it's better..."

"Ziyun, you don't need to say more!" Shangguan Qi interrupted him suddenly, his eyes filled with determination. He looked at He Xi with a hint of compassion. "I have long admired Nalan He Xi's intelligence and dignity, and I don't care about her appearance and aptitude at all. I want to marry Nalan He Xi. Is Doctor Nalan still reluctant?"

Nalan Zhengze's face grew even more gloomy and ugly. He wanted to reject the proposal, but he couldn't go against the crown prince's power.

The crown prince was different from the Zhu Family. If he agreed, and what if Nalan He Xi used An Lingyue's relics to seek favor from the crown prince? Wouldn't the Nalan Family end up with nothing in the end?

When Nalan Feixue heard Shangguan Qi's words, she couldn't contain her frustration and screamed without thinking, "Prince Brother, how can you be interested in this ugly trash? How can you truly admire her? It should be me, Nalan Feixue, who should be your concubine!"

"Someone as ugly as Nalan He Xi should marry Zhu Zhongba, that fat pig! Prince Brother, look at me! I'm Nalan Feixue, and I should be the one you admire!"

Shangguan Qi simply snorted, as if he hadn't heard Nalan Feixue's outburst. He felt a little contempt for her behavior in trying to force a marriage.

He had encountered many women who wanted to marry him like this, and in his household, there weren't many women more beautiful than Nalan Feixue. But for him, Nalan He Xi, a woman valued by Xi Yue, was more important.

Zhu Yiqun trembled with anger. Was Nalan Feixue trying to bring shame upon his Zhu Family with her words?

Unexpectedly, He Xi overheard the conversation between several people.

Shangguan Qi wanted to marry her as a side concubine? He even disregarded her ugly appearance and useless physique! What was he thinking?

Qing Luan, who was following He Xi, looked even more displeased. He Xi was the future princess of the King of Hell Mansion and her master's sweetheart. Why were they coveting their princess? Were they tired of living?

Azhu lowered her face and secretly crushed an inscribed jade slip in her arms.

Shangguan Qi straightened his clothes and turned to He Xi, wearing an expression he thought to be elegant. He said gently, "Miss He Xi, I want to marry you as my concubine. Are you willing?"