691-695

Chapter 691—Hero Saves the Beauty

As soon as these words were spoken, a strange silence fell over the main hall of the Nalan Mansion. The faces of everyone present, except for He Xi's, were filled with incredible shock.

He Xi glanced at Qing Luan beside her, and Qing Luan immediately wore an expression of innocence, as if she hadn't done anything.

Nalan Zhengze was momentarily stunned but quickly regained his composure. He exclaimed, "Quickly, let us welcome the person! Bring him in!"

Everyone in the hall was familiar with Butler Nan from the King of Hell Mansion in Yanjing City. He was a Gold Core Stage cultivator and responsible for external affairs on behalf of the King of Hell, Nangong Yu.

Butler Nan's presence represented the intentions of King of Hell Nangong Yu himself.

The servant hurriedly ran out, leaving Nalan Zhengze wondering, "Why would the King of Hell come to propose marriage?"

Even Shangguan Qi was shocked. Nangong Yu, the King of Hell, was a figure who surpassed the Shangguan Family, the royal family of the Jin Ling Kingdom. He was the only twenty-year-old Nascent Soul Stage cultivator in the kingdom. With his Iron Kirin Army, he could easily repel the fierce magical beast army from the magical beast forest. Even the four major sects of the Miluo Continent held him in high regard.

Even the powerful Feng Family had sought a marriage alliance with Nangong Yu, but he had rejected Feng Lianying.

And now, the aloof King of Hell had come to the Nalan Family to propose marriage?!

What secrets did the Nalan Family hold that could attract Nangong Yu's attention? Everyone was shocked and puzzled.

At that moment, Nalan Yurong, who always wore a cold and proud expression, suddenly blushed and displayed a shy demeanor.

Mrs. Nalan, with her keen eyes, noticed her daughter's unusual behavior and couldn't help but ask, "Yurong, what's the matter with you?"

Nalan Yurong struggled to maintain her cold and arrogant demeanor, but her words betrayed her joy and contentment. She softly said, "I think I know why the King of Hell has come to propose marriage."

"What?!" Mrs. Nalan and Nalan Zhengze exclaimed simultaneously.

Mrs. Nalan was even more surprised and delighted, and she said in disbelief, "Yurong, do you know the King of Hell? Are you two..."

Nalan Yurong blushed instantly, revealing the tenderness of a young girl. She spoke with a hint of shyness, "On my way home this time, I encountered a rank five magical beast, a rhinoceros, near Qingming Peak on the edge of the magical beast forest. Fortunately, the King of Hell arrived in time to save me from harm."

"Oh, so it's a hero saving the beauty. How wonderful! This is great!" Mrs. Nalan exclaimed excitedly. "Because the King of Hell saved you, you two fell in love at first sight? He just met you, and within a few days, he has come to propose marriage. It seems that he truly loves you."

Nalan Yurong tugged at Mrs. Nalan's sleeve and said, "Mother, please stop! I'm feeling so shy!"

"If you can truly marry into the King of Hell Mansion, it will greatly elevate our Nalan Mansion's status!" Mrs. Nalan held her daughter's hand tightly, her voice trembling with emotion. "Everyone believed that the King of Hell and the Ice Lotus Fairy were a perfect match, and no one dared to aspire to become the King of Hell's wife. But now that Feng Lianying has ruined her own future and reputation, everyone is vying for the position of the King of Hell's wife... I never expected, Yurong, that you would capture the favor of the King of Hell. If news of this marriage spreads, how many women in the Miluo Continent will envy you!"