Chapter 11

I was in shock, and then slowly I felt a fire well up through me

I could hear Hanabusa start to say something as Mary rushed into the room moments later, but I paid them no mind and ripped the I.V. out of my arm and tumbled after the angry man. He was only a few paces away breathing heavy as he leaned against the wall, head back and eyes closed.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled suddenly filled with rage. He cracked one eye open to look at me as he stilled. In that moment I didn't care who he was.

"You don't get to come in and just accuse me of something and then storm out like I've done something wrong. You could have killed me, and for what? Just because I'm human doesn't mean you can-"

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have. Regardless of what our headmaster says, I only follow him out of respect, not obligation." He said closing his eyes once again and stuffing his hand into his pockets. His nonchalance only fueled my fire.

"Well, thinking someone is lying does NOT give you a valid reason to choke someone out!" I huffed crossing my arms.

"Most woman don't complain when I do." He responded with a casual shrug which just frankly pissed me off. I stomped over and used my whole body to shove and hit him repeatedly.

"You jerk! Who do you even think you are? Stupid vampire! Ugh!" Before my hands could make contact again, I was slung around in a dizzying blur as I was slammed against the wall with his body pressed against mine while simultaneously pinning my hands. One of his large hands gripped my chin and yanked my head up to force me to look up at him. He was all but an inch from my face and it was terrifying as he peered down at me. His eyes resembled molten ice; hard as a glacier but smooth and flowing like water.

"I am a prince." He said just above a whisper, his cool breath fanning across my face. "I can do anything I want especially with a little lying non-human!" He mumbled glancing down at my trembling lips before meeting my eyes once more.

"I am human!" Anger flared again and I shoved my body into his gaining about an inch of space from the wall before his other hand clamped down in my hip and shoved my back against the wall securing his body tightly to mine once again. I was starting to feel caged as he seemed even closer now.

"Ah, ah, ah, let's try that again. What are you, Evelyn?" His voice sounded predatory as it tickled its way across my skin like an electric current. What the hell? My heartrate quickened as I stared into his icy sapphire eyes realizing he wasn't letting this go.

"I'm human." I squeaked embarrassed by how pathetic I sounded. He chuckled darkly.

"There are other ways to make you talk." he mumbled huskily. His hand slid up my hip pushing my shirt up as his fingers trailed up along my waist and then ribcage to rest just under my bra, my breath hitching in my throat as icy flames licked at the skin he touched. I could see the unspoken threat in his eyes as he turned my head to the side and dipped his head into the curve of my neck. His lips grazed a trail against the sensitive flesh there causing chills to race across my skin. My eyes darted around looking for anyone, praying Mary would walk out and find me... but there was no one. This hallway seemed eerily deserted, and for a brief moment I wondered why no one had followed after me when I stormed out.