Chapter 8

Song: Brick By Boring Brick- Paramore

I stared up at the sky watching the snow fall around me

I stared up at the sky watching the snow fall around me. Everything was so white giving this ethereal glow; it was stunningly beautiful. I felt strangely happy as I danced around the beautiful white tufts. It was confusing because I couldn't actually feel the cold, I knew it was supposed to be but the fact that it wasn't made it that much more enjoyable.

"Evelyn." My sisters voice called out to me lightly to which I glance at her direction. I couldn't find her though.

"Sibel?" I called back and heard a giggle in response. She must be playing hide and seek again. We've played it so many times already, you'd think she would get tired of it, but I guess at 8 years old, energy is simply inexhaustible.

"Come find me!" She said behind me. I turned and saw nothing but chaste snow. "Over here!" I heard in a different direction. Was she always so quick?

"Well where are you?" I said with a small laugh. Man, she was getting good at this game! Everything became silent then. In that same moment, I realized I could see my breath and an icy chill raised goose bumps along my exposed skin. I should have grabbed a jacket, I thought with a frown.

"Sibel?" I called unsure if she had one on. No response. I walked in the direction I thought I had heard her a moment ago. "Sibel, come on its starting to get cold. Mom and dad will kill me if you get sick."

"Mommy." I heard a broken quiet voice that I could scarcely recognize as Sibel's say raggedly seconds before the white snow turned red. Blood was spayed and dragged across it. My eyes followed it to a lifeless Sibel collapsed on the ground in a puddle of red beneath her and painted cruelly across her frozen skin. The ice sticking to her lashes made it seem as though she had been there much longer than it felt.

"Sibel!" I screamed running to her in disbelief. The farther I ran, the farther from me she seemed to be and soon I found I was out of breath, tears staining my eyes.

"Why didn't you save me?" Her soft sweet voice came behind me. I turned sharply to see her standing in the snow barefoot, blood still painted on her the way I remember.

"Sibel I didn't know, I didn't..." I struggle between sobs.

"You promised you would protect me from the monsters, why didn't you save me?" She said her voice filled with more conviction, her young eyes full of disgust and hatred. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't move, my feet wouldn't let me as if the snow had frozen over my feet.

"Yes," a voice drawled out. "Why didn't you save her?" I glanced back up to find a man in Sibel's place. It was him. The one who commonly haunted my nightmares.

"You-" I said in utter horror. "Y-you did this!" His red eyes stared sinisterly back at me in pure amusement. "They're my family!" I shouted at him in pure disgust. He laughed as if I had tickled him with my words before his eyes turned to me sobering up.