Chapter 5

Above is Mary! Okay, so now the story really starts to unfold! Hope you like it!! Comment and vote! Thanks a billion! XO
           -Audrey Marie

Upon first glance, the school looked just like another skyscraper

Upon first glance, the school looked just like another skyscraper. I mean, it was literally in the middle of the city. It's reflective glass walls revealed nothing of what was behind it; darkly tinted, ominous, mysterious. The school name stood simply but proudly at the very top.

New Haven Academy.

This would be my new home for the next three years, and already I was wanting to turn around.

Dangerous.

Vampires are dangerous. Yet here I'm about to not only invade the very center of their school, I'm going to challenge their very beliefs. If that's not signing my own death warrant, then I'm not sure exactly what is.

Do it for dad. All for dad.

I took a deep breath and let it out in a heavy sigh; the weather just cold enough to make it visible.

"Let's do this." I mumbled walking up the dark green marble steps and pausing at the intercom.

"Yes?" A high pitched bored tone came through the box in the wall.

"I'm Evelyn Woolacott the new-"

"Oh yes of course! Come in!" She cut me off quickly and the door suddenly rushed open. I had just stepped inside when a a short pixie-like woman ran up to me with a large smile, her brown eyes gleaming. Was she nervous? "Here let me take that." She said pulling my bag from my hand with relative ease. She was a vampire.

"I can carry my bag, it's no trouble-"

"Oh no, no, no! Class A and B students  n e v e r  do anything like that." She said with wide doe-eyes as she rushed over to the desk located in the center of the room.

"What? Carry my own stuff?" I asked humorously with wide eyes as she picked up a packet placing it between her perfect white teeth and jogged over to the elevator tapping the button with her toes. The scene was rather comical and I couldn't help but laugh a little. Shaking my head I walked across the slick shadowy floor and pulled the packet from her mouth.

"Look, I know most of the kids here are pompous spoiled brats, but I was raised in Georgia until I was 9. I promise you that it will not harm me to help someone who is helping me." I said pulling one of my bags from her shoulder so she wouldn't have to carry them all. She stared at me for a moment; her wide eyes and short cropped hair making her look childish but in a more naive way. She was very beautiful; all vampires were. Her eyes softened and she nodded.

"Okay." She said and stepped into the elevator as the doors opened. "I'm Mary by the way, class D student." She said quietly staring at her feet as if she were... Embarrassed. I pursed my lips.