Chapter 7 (part 2)

This is back in Evelyn's POV !

Vote and comment!

Above is the dining hall! Pretty fancy indeed...

"You're lucky." Mary said as we stepped through two double doors that revealed what looked like a giant fancy restaurant situated in a ballroom. Low lighting and round tables covered in red satin table cloths. There were only a few people spread around the tables.

"Most are off campus for the weekend, so you can get accustomed to the school without all the mayhem."

"With the exception of Mara of course." Ryder chimed in with a charming smile.

"She hardly counts." Mary replied sending a sideways glance towards him as we all took a seat at one of the tables. The room had two levels, the top apparently reserved for Royals and special occasions.

"What can I get you?" A charming young waiter said as he approached our table. Of course a human would be the server.

"Sweet Tea!" Ryder chimed instantly and glanced immediately at Mary. She pooched her lips glancing at me before quickly saying she wanted a water. Ryder frowned glancing her way.

"And for you love?" The waiter said drawing my attention away from the strange encounter.

"I'll take a water too." I said offering a small smile which he quickly returned before disappearing to get our drinks.

"Ryder, I said I'm fine. I had some earlier, now drop it." I heard what seemed to be the end of their conversation as Ryder sighed heavily and sat back in his seat. Now it was my turn to frown as I glanced between the two. They had to be talking about... blood.

She wasn't refusing because of me was she? My stomach churned suddenly thinking about her sipping on the thick red liquid. I couldn't stop my thoughts from drifting to that hideous woman leaning over Sibel's lifeless body. I shut those thoughts out quickly before they could escalate.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale..." Mary said and quickly cast an angry glance at Ryder. Maybe it was a good thing she only got water. Come to think of it... Not even Ella has drank blood around me since the accident...

"Uh yeah I'm fine!" I quickly said with a nervous laugh as the waiter set our drinks down in front of us. I grasped the cool glass and took a timid sip thankful when it helped to ease my nerves.

"Who exactly is Mara." I said to change subjects. I had been curious since the encounter, but hadn't found the right time to ask. Ryder smiled leaning forward seeming all too happy to gossip about someone.

"She is what we call a Royal Wannabe." Ryder said glancing around as if this were top secret stuff. I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to continue.

"Her father stepped up as Mayor after the last one. She has been on a high horse ever since. Follows Royals around like a lost puppy trying to get in their good graces." This bit of information made me frown. If Ryder had any clue as to who my father was, he barely showed it. In a way though, I found myself grateful. It was really getting tiring for people to continue to tiptoe around me about what happened. "Last year she tried cozying up to Prince Jamison, but he brushed her off, so now she is working her claws into Prince Winston." He finished and Mary scoffed.