Chapter 1

(Above is an audiobook version posted on YouTube. All chapters are in a single playlist if you want to listen back-to-back. I made it using Genny by Lovo for anyone curious)

 I made it using Genny by Lovo for anyone curious)

They're coming.

How could they not? There is so much blood. Where had that other car come from? Is everyone okay? I try to call out but everything is so foggy and cold; the ringing won't stop

It hurts to breathe. 

I roll my head to the side and see something in my shoulder coated in red. Blood. My blood. Focus on something else. The windows are shattered but it's hard to see through.

Wait.

Where is Sibel?

"Mommy!" I hear her scream. So terrified that it brings everything into clarity. The smokey cold air. The fiery pain that coats my body. The only thing I could process was Sibel.

Oh God! She must have been flung out of the car when we were hit. I told her to leave that stupid Barbie on the ground. She must have unbuckled her seatbelt when I wasn't looking. Movement catches my eye in the front seat, at first I though mom had awoken but then I realized she was being dragged.

Now she screams. They're here.

"N-no. Stop!" I try so hard to move but it hurts too much and the seatbelt is jammed. Struggling only seems to make the pain increase, but if I stay here we're all dead.

"Mommy..." Sibel's voice is quieter now. She must be close to me.

"Sibel!" Finally the seatbelt is loose. It isn't metal, it's glass that cuts into me. Without thinking I rip it out. I cry out clutching at the slippery red that coats my favorite green dress.

I have to save Sibel.

They won't stop.

I look away and try to ignore the pain as I crawl across snow and glass to the closest window but something is there. Red eyes peer down over my baby sister who lays limply there.

I'm too late.

"S-Sibel." I whisper horrified. Now those eyes glance hungrily in my direction.

I should have stayed quiet. I back up slowly. It's dark enough in here maybe she didn't see me. It's only now dawning on me the danger that I am in.

"Gah!" I cry out unintentionally as a piece of glass bites into my hand. Now everything is silent except for the wind and snow. I bite my lip hard stupidly drawing blood to keep from crying out as I pull the shard from my hand. I turn ready to jump out the other side and run but a man stares sadistically at me stopping me in my place. He closes his eyes for a moment.

"You smell delicious." He growls slowly. I waste no time trying to jump past him but he's much to fast. Like lightening, he's in front of me gripping my wounded arm.