𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒

prologue.

TO SOME PEOPLE, the sound of roaring engines and a symphony of speed may excite them. ABIGAIL MURPHY was one of those people. She had grown fond of the sport from a young age to support her father, MATT MURPHY. Abigail, her brother and their mother would meet in the living room every other Sunday during the Formula 1 season to watch Matthew in his red Ferrari, eyes glued to the screen, bonding over the electrifying overtakes and nail-biting finishes of each race. When they could, they'd watch their father race at the track. Abigail loved hanging out in the paddock and meeting the other drivers. Her favourite driver other than her father was JULES BIANCHI, her dads teammate at the time.

By the end of Matthew Murphy's career, he was a 3 time world champion, winning in 2000, the year of his daughters birth. He then won the year after that. Three years later, he ascended the podium for the last time, claiming his third title and carving his name into the legacy of Formula 1 as the best American driver in history. During his career, the family moved to London, where the kids grew up.

In 2012, JOANNE MURPHY, a devoted mother of the two beautiful blonde-headed children and beloved wife to Matthew, faced a daunting challenge when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She fought and fought, even overcoming cancer once. Yet, after a four-year struggle, Joanne's journey came to a close in 2016, surrounded by her family's love and support. That was when Matthew finally retired at the age of 40 and moved back to California where he grew up. After the loss of their biggest inspiration and role model, the Murphy children made it their life goal to live a life that would honor their mother and make her proud.

They stayed true to their pledge. Abigail Murphy, the youngest sibling, was determined to shine in the performing arts. She was always involved in something creative, be it theater, choir, or dance, driven by her deep-seated love for the stage. Abigail landed her first film role as Pepper in 'Annie' (2014). She had several more acting opportunities before realizing that her true calling was in music, something her mother Joanne had sensed as well. Her mother had a beautiful singing voice, always lulling Abigail to sleep with songs, or her personal favourite, 'Unwritten' by Natasha Bedingfield.

EZRA MURPHY, the oldest, had a talent for karting from a young age. He set his goal to advance to at least Formula 2. By 2019, when he was 21, he took a significant step towards this ambition by signing with PREMA Racing and a part of the Ferrari Driver Academy. Finally, in 2020 he signed for Haas and would be replacing ROMAIN GROSJEAN and racing with number 20, his fathers number, alongside MICK SCHUMACHER, his fathers close friends son which Abigail and Ezra liked to call their cousin.

Ezra was particularly close with Formula 1 driver PIERRE GASLY as they had hit it off way back in the karting days, travelling the country together for events. Sometimes it was almost like Pierre was a third sibling to Abigail and Ezra.

CHARLES LECLERC'S early days were much like Ezra's, both steeped in the world of karting. Although their mutual best friend Pierre was close with both, Charles and Ezra never bonded the same way. Their on-track rivalry would sometimes get heated in karting, pushing eachother to their limits.

When Charles found out Ezra Murphy got a seat in the 2021 F1 championship, he wanted to patch things up after their past clashes. But every time he tried, Ezra either ignored him or returned very vague answers.

Actually, when you look at it, the guys have quite a bit in common. They both wanted to race that famous red car, and Charles made it happen. Also, they've each lost people really important to them, someone who inspired them a lot. Now, they're both out there on the track, making those they've lost proud.

Matthew Murphy used to race with Charles' godfather, Jules Bianchi, from 2009 to 2012. They were great friends. It hit Matthew hard when he learned they wouldn't be teammates in 2013 after Jules switched from Ferrari to Force India. Still, Matthew took comfort in knowing his best friend was always there at the races, right up until that tragic accident in Suzuka in 2015. Jules' passing 9 months later from his injuries was a huge loss for everyone who knew him, and the fans that saw his talent and passion for Formula 1.

a/n:
making myself cringe with this
tell me if this is shit or what
idk what to post on my tiktok help me out y'all