𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓

if you guys are dry i'll just delete the book at this point 🙄💘💘

ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY THEY GO, the symphony of roaring engines filled the air, signaling the start of a high-octane battle. The cars, each a masterpiece of engineering, picked up speed, surging forward with a ferocity that was almost tangible.

During the adrenaline-fueled first 10 laps in the sun-drenched Miami circuit, Ezra, with remarkable skill, maneuvered his way up the field, securing two additional spots to claim the fifth position. Meanwhile, Charles experienced a slight setback, dropping down to fourth place amidst the intense competition.

Back in the team garage, the tension was palpable. Abigail felt the comforting pressure of Madison's hand in hers, a silent but potent reminder that she wasn't alone in this nerve-wracking moment. Despite the reassurance, Abigail's gaze was locked onto the circuit, where the red and black cars were engaged in a fierce duel, so close that they seemed to be almost blending into one another.

Madison's voice, tinged with curiosity, cut through the concentration. "I'm no expert on F1, but I didn't expect Haas to be so quick..." Her words trailed off as she caught a glimpse of Abigail's stoic expression, her face a mask that revealed nothing of the storm of emotions she might be feeling.

"They usually aren't," Abigail conceded, momentarily tearing her eyes away from the mesmerizing sight of the race to address Madison's confusion. "We're just hoping Ezra can keep up the pace and stay in the points while Charles fights his way up to a better position."

"Got it," Madison replied with a nod, her attempt at understanding clear despite the complexities of the racing world. Her expression shifted to one of mischief as she leaned in slightly. "So, is there any truth to the whispers going around?" she prodded with a knowing smile.

Abigail let out a small sigh, exasperation in her voice. "What rumors are you referring to?"

"You know, the ones about you and Charles... Are you two an item?" Madison's grin widened as she awaited the response.

With a snicker and a playful eye roll, Abigail brushed off the speculation. "No, we're not an item. Just friends," she clarified, her tone light and breezy as if to underscore the absurdity of the gossip.

"Your secret's safe with me," Madison declared with a wink, locking pinkies with Abigail and sending eachother a cheeky smile.

APPROACHING THE 40TH LAP, there had been no big changes to the top 5. This was the best Ezra, and even Haas, had done all season, having 2 DNFs in the first 5 races and no points so far.

Murphy was a full five seconds adrift from Leclerc, who in turn was rapidly closing the gap on Sainz's tail.

Both Abigail and Madison were perched at the very edge of their seats, as captivated as the rest of the spectators. Approaching turn 10, Ezra skillfully maneuvered around the outside edge of the track, shaving off a critical second from Leclerc's lead. The gap had now narrowed to a mere four seconds.

With a mix of disbelief and amusement, Abigail couldn't help but scoff, "There's no way a Haas is gaining on a Ferrari. Charles really needs to step up his game."

Equally bewildered, Madison responded, her hands animatedly waving as she spoke, "I don't know what I'm watching but... YAY!"

Verstappen took P1, Perez secured P2, Sainz landed P3, then Leclerc and Murphy P4 and P5. Shouts of joy from the Haas team below filled the air as the girls hurried down to celebrate.