𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

hi guys, i'm back!! before you read, i'd just like to say i'd appreciate if you guys can comment and vote as i spent a lot of time and thought on this chapter even though it's not that long. i want to get back into writing regularly as i'm back at school so i might have more motivation. thank you guys, remember to comment!!

ABIGAIL ABSENTMINDEDLY PLAYED with the hem of her skirt, trying to catch the rhythm of the song playing faintly on the taxi's radio, which was mostly drowned out by the sound of Gigi's animated phone conversation.

"Talk to you soon," Gigi said with a chirpy voice, as she ended her call. She swiveled towards Abigail, her face lit up with excitement. "Apparently this place has some of the most amazing ice cream in all of Europe."

"Of course you know," Abi responded with a teasing tone and a bright, knowing smile, as the taxi pulled to a gentle stop. They both collected their things, offered the driver a word of thanks, and stepped out into the bustling street.

"I do consider myself quite the ice cream connoisseur," Gigi declared, her smile wide and infectious.

They approached the shop and were greeted by the sight of a surprisingly short line, much to their delight. As they stood there, they took in the vibrant display of ice cream flavors before them, and Gigi looked as if she had just stepped into a dream.

As they inched closer to the counter, Gigi turned to her friend with a curious look. "So, what's your pick?" she inquired, eyeing Abigail who was a head shorter.

"Just vanilla for me," Abigail responded to the server, a choice that Gigi playfully dismissed.

"Vanilla? With all these flavors to try?" Gigi questioned with a playful arch of her brow. Abigail simply nodded in affirmation. "Okay, if that's what you want, vanilla it is," Gigi conceded, signaling the server.

"VANILLA REALLY?" Gigi chuckled, guiding Abigail to a secluded table. "You've been acting so different." They settled in, ready to dig into their ice cream.

"I'm sorry, but it's true—you've been different since the Ezra and Charles situation." She said, stirring her strawberry ice cream around in the tub.

Abi sighed, taking a deep breath. "I feel like... Everytime I get too close to someone I just mess it up."

"That's not true. Look how long we've been friends!"

Abigail just offered a gentle smile and a shrug. Even her closest friend, who always knew the right thing to say, didn't get it.

She noticed Gigi's smile vanish. Gigi's gaze fixed on something behind Abi, away from her view. "What? Gigi what is it?"

"Turn round very slowly and don't make it obvious," Gigi whispered.

Abigail's eyes widened, subtly turning her head. There was Charles, taking a selfie with a fan. Next to him stood his trainer Andrea.

"What the—" Abigail's words halted as she locked eyes with Charles. She wanted to turn away, but the shock on his face, mouth agape and eyes widening, glued her in place, being too overwhelmed with emotions to even consider moving her gaze.

Charles broke eye contact after a long 5 seconds, acting like he saw nothing.

Turning around, she found Gigi leaning back in her chair, a sly smirk on her face as she savoured a spoonful of strawberry ice cream.