Shayla Evins life of misery

" Stand still and let the maids straighten your hair. " You are 20 years old now, it's time to start looking and acting like a lady. Said my step mother Marissa. She was a tall boney black woman who had light skin, she had long shiny brown hair that went past her back. Her hair was always straightened and I couldn't stand it because now I'm expected to straighten my hair. My hair is long but I love my hair the way it is. It's jet black, shiny, and curly. It complements my dark brown and my silver eyes that I got from my mother. I always disliked my step mother for putting nonsense in my dad's ear, telling him what me and my baby brother should be doing.  I just roll my eyes not paying that boney hag any mind. She walks away in her blue dress stomping her feet like a toddler, I'm sure she's going to tell my father but it's pointless , he's already made my life hell by marrying me off to the  scum of the earth. Darius Kingston. He was a handsome man but he was obnoxious and said the most ridiculous things. He was tall, handsome and had brown skin with these blue eyes and his hair was in a wavy ponytail, jelled back. I had to find out two months ago out of nowhere I was marrying this jerk. My father and I had a screaming match that day.I swear it's like my dad stopped loving me when my mother passed away. Luckily he still loves Marcus Jr . My baby brother who I love very much. I had to get ready to meet my "wonderful" fiancee to discuss our future plans I didn't have any say at dinner. I decided to stay in my room. Marcus Jr knocks on my door. He had hair like me and my mother and our fathers hazel eyes. Despite the fact he looks a lot like our father I loved him. My baby brother is a true gentleman and has a heart of gold and always been good to me. " Shay are you okay? " Hey that rhymes. I just smile faintly . " Yes my dear brother you are going to be a good poet." Is everything okay? He asked with a concerned look in his eyes. " You must know this wedding is driving me crazy. " Yeah the sad thing about it I'll be the only one with Marissa. " I know baby bro but it will be okay. I said pretending to look at the bright side. " The Kingston's will be here soon , we better get going. I told him. My brother and I met our father and Marissa at the long dining table in our dining room. The tension in the air is so thick , Marissa gives me a dirty look but I didn't care. I glanced over at my father who looked disappointed. Of course my dad is always upset with me when my feelings are  trampled over. The Kingston family came in. Marissa hugs Mrs Kingston who had hard hair in a ponytail, and wore a purple dress covering every ounce of her body matching Mr Kingston who was shaking hands with my father. Darius comes and hugs me after he gives me a bag  of cute clothes. " These are for you.  " Thank you. I said reaching for the bag. The dinner wasn't too bad a little afterwards For a minute I thought Darius probably wouldn't be so bad until the perv made me scream at him.....