Chapter 23

Here's a chapter with a bit more masti, and since I didn't go into detail about Vaidehi and Veer's wedding, here's a bit of wedding fun!

While Radhika and Shraddha were being fed by their fiancés, as all the ladies' hands were clad in mehendi, Vaidehi was being fed by Radhika's dad. And every once in a while, Shraddha's father would also sneak her a bite while feeding his wife. Radhika's mom was happily being fed by her ladla, mumma-ka-chamcha, beta. "Wah bhai, abhi bhi favoritism. Mujhe aur Shraddha ko chhod kar aap Vaidehi ko khila rahe hain?" 

Radhika's mom immediately replied to her daughter. "Chup kar, nautanki! Tumhe toh tumhare pati itne pyaar se khila rahe hain, aur phir bhi jalan. Aur yahan, meri beti jaisi pyaari bacchi ka pati do hafte se abroad hain. Hum isse khilaye toh tumhe kya?" "Dekha Shraddha, hum shaadi karke in sab ko humesha ke liye chhod kar chale jaa rahe hain, aur inko koi fark nahi. Ek din pehle se hi pariah kar diya." "Humesha ke liye matlab? Agar tum har hafte humse milne nahi aayi na...toh main tumse khud milne aungi." "Awww, love you Mumma!" 

"Ji Maa, zaroor aayi. Apki iss jhalli beti ko aap hi sambhal sakte hain." Radhika glared at her fiancé. "Kya matlab? Main jhalli hoon? Nahi khana hain mujhe." She turned her head to the side, refusing to eat. "Maaf kariye mata rani. Aap jhalli nahi hain, devata hain! Iss khane ko humare prasad samajh kar sveekaar kijiye aur kha lijiye." Her fiancé bowed down, lifting the plate he was holding as an offering. "Yeh kuch zyaada nahi hua?" "Zyaada toh tum ab tak dekhi nahi, sweetheart," he drawled and winked, making Radhika blush. She lifted her hands to hit him, then realizing she had henna on, settled for scrunching her face at him. Shraddha couldn't control her giggles, but when her fiancé whispered something in her ear, she also blushed and her giggles died down.

Vaidehi was helping her friends with the final touches as they got ready for the sangeet. "Abhi tak kuch khabar nahi?" "Nahi, no calls and no messages. Thodi fikar ho rahi hain." "Mujhe bhi. Tum dono ko sangeet mein dance karna tha. Agar jiju nahi aaye toh schedule mess up ho jayega." "Seriously?" "Kya yaar, mazaak kar rahi thi. To lighten up the mood." "Waise, since you brought up the topic, main Avi se baat karke aati hoon. Thoda performances ke order idhar udhar karlenge, and the flow of songs should work out fine. Tum dono chinta mat kar. Just focus on having fun okay?" 

A knock sounded at the door. "Kaun hain?" "May I come in?" Shraddha and Radhika looked at each other with wide eyes. "Kya maine sahi suna?" "Jiju?" Vaidehi sighed and planted her hands on her hips."Shaitan ka naam liya, aur lo, prakat ho gaye saamne." Shraddha looked at Vaidehi sternly. "Pati ko shaitan kehte hain kya?" While Radhika smiled gleefully. "I'm definitely using this one." Vaidehi opened the door to be greeted by the sight of her husband, decked out in a traditional kurta with a thin scarf draped around his neck. 

Avinash popped out from behind him and grabbed Vaidehi's hand, dragging her along with him. Vaidehi and Veer's eyes met for a second before she was dragged forward, and he followed behind grumbling. She could feel his gaze on the hand that Avi had gripped in his. She smiled. Hmmph, let the man suffer a bit. "Vaidu, I need you to confirm the order of the songs. Radhi and Shraddha made a whole bunch of last-minute changes to the last part, where we open up the floor, and for the life of me, I can't remember what they were. I should've written them down when she was blurting them out at me, but I thought I'd remember. I'm 99% sure that it's correct, but I don't want to be the target of Radhi and Shraddha's anger, especially Shraddha." "Chill, mera bhai, I'm sure everything is correct. And I'm here to double-check."