Chapter 34

Ah! I can't believe I'm finally posting the final chapter, making it my first completely published book on Wattpad! A bittersweet moment for sure! I haven't planned any further epilogues, but if you all really want it, I can definitely stretch my mind and give it a shot! Enjoy the ending!

A few months later, on Raghuveer's birthday:

For his last birthday, just a few weeks after their wedding, Raghuveer had been abroad for a week. So, the family settled for a special dinner rather than a party at home. Raghuveer also wasn't big on celebrating his birthday, especially for the past several years, so the family didn't have high hopes that he would have agreed to a party in the first place. Just as they did for Vaidehi, they intended to plan a surprise party, but that plan was flopped by Veer's trip abroad. This year, Vaidehi had also insisted. Doubly so, because the couple were on their honeymoon during their anniversary, and everyone was disappointed that they had lost the chance to host a grand party. 

Since Vaidehi had insisted, Veer agreed, on the condition that it was to be held at home, with only family and friends. Any event in honor of Vaidehi or Raghuveer only consisted of family and friends, since neither were too fond of parties or celebrations. Vaidehi was dressed in a sleek chiffon saree with hand-painted designs and a heavily embroidered blouse, Veer complimenting her in a new three-piece suit. He prowled closer to her, his intention evident in his eyes. "We should have extended our honeymoon." 

They had gone for two weeks and returned just a few days ago. "Nahi kar sakte the, kam par toh jaana tha, aur sab ko miss kar rahi thi." Vaidehi moaned softly as Veer left a hickey on her neck, thankfully covered by her choker-style necklace. "But, I miss you." Vaidehi smiled at the way he complained. "Lekin main toh hoon yahan." He growled. "I miss having my wife all to myself. In fact, let's fix that issue now." His hand played with the dori at the back of her blouse. She bit her lip. "Nahi, sab intezaar kar rahe neeche." 

Vaidehi pulled him towards the door, blushing. Veer pulled her in for a drugging kiss, then followed her out the door. "Ek minute, main bhool gayi thi." "Kya hain, jaan?" "Mujhe aapse puchni thi, kya main aapka birthday gift sabke saamne de sakti hoon?" "Of course, yeh koi puchne wali baat hain? Unless it's something...personal." She simply shook her head and averted her gaze. After Raghuveer had cut the cake, a small one that had been served out to everyone immediately, they headed inside to eat. Vaidehi suddenly felt black spots closing in on her vision. 

Luckily, Veer's arm was around her waist, so he caught her immediately, carrying her and laying her down on the couch. "Vaidehi, love, open your eyes. Look at me, sweetheart." He tapped her cheek while Chandrika drizzled water on her face. "Yagnik, call Dr. Kashyap." "No, I don't need a doctor." It had barely been a minute since she had fainted, but everyone had become frantic, and Vaidehi woke up to her husband ordering for a doctor. "Thank god, you're ok. Don't ever scare me like that again, biwi. But no arguments, you do need to see the doctor." "No really, I'm fine. It's just jet lag and general weakness. I'll be fine once I eat." 

Everyone continued to protest, but she managed to calm them down. "If it gets worse, I'll see a doctor tomorrow." Vaidehi knew exactly why she had fainted, and it wasn't jet lag. After dinner, Vaidehi had convinced everyone to have dessert in the living room, as Raghuveer received and opened his gifts. Everyone was distracted by the gifts and didn't ask about dessert immediately. Finally, as it was Vaidehi's turn to give her husband a gift, she brought out the dessert. "Actually, I was saving the dessert for last, since this is my gift." "Oh my god, Bhabhi, did you come up with some new recipe?" "Not exactly." 

Instructing everyone to wait until she told them too, she passed out trifle glasses with covers on top. For Veer, she asked him and everyone else to close their eyes, then placed an open gift box and mini cake in front of him. Everyone's desserts were mini cakes, but Veer's was slightly larger and served on a small tray rather than a trifle glass. "Veer, sirf aap aankhein kholiye." Amused, he opened his eyes to see a tray with a positive pregnancy test in a gift box and a cake that read 'Happy Birthday, Papa!' 

Veer slowly looked up at Vaidehi in shock, and she only smiled in response. "Aap sab bhi aankhein kholiye aur dessert dekhiye." Gasps echoed through the room as everyone looked at mini cakes decorated with the title they would be called by the newest member of their family. As everyone else was still processing the news, Veer picked up Vaidehi and twirled her around, making her laugh. "Sach, jaana?" "Aap Papa banne wale hain." He kneeled and reverently kissed her on her stomach. "Hi baccha, Papa's so excited to meet you. Be nice to Maa, okay?" 

Everyone started exclaiming and squealing at Veer's reaction, finally processing that Vaidehi was pregnant. Everyone took their turn hugging the couple and wishing them. Yagnik and Abhiram had lifted her up and spun her around, making her a bit dizzy and earning a scolding from Veer. Radhika and Shraddha hugged her tight, nearly squeezing the breath out of her, while Yash got emotional. "My god, my baccha is really about to have a baby of her own? I'm so happy for you, Vaidu." 

Veer held Vaidehi again after everyone had wished her. He caressed her cheek with his hand, happiness overflowing in his eyes. "Thank you, meri jaan, for giving me the best gift I could ask for. For coming into my life and making it whole. Meri zindagi mein rang laane ki, mujhe complete karne ki. Thank you. I love you, Vaidehi." Vaidehi smiled shyly. "Thank you for loving me. I love you, too, Veer." Not caring that their entire family was watching, Veer pulled her in for a deep kiss, savoring the moment. Everyone's hoots and whistles could be heard in the background, and of course, Vaidehi would hold a grudge against Veer for years to come for embarrassing her in front of everyone.