Chapter 26

Hi everyone! Sorry, I've been very on and off with the daily updates here, but I was working up the courage to start an instagram account, and then actually planning out what it should look like and the first few posts. I'm happy to share that I do have an instagram account now! I'm sharing the link below as well as adding it to my Wattpad bio. I would love it if you followed and shared!

https://www.instagram.com/shivangi_ki_likhayi?igsh=MXQ5cmk1MG1xbXcxNg%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

Watching her best friends' wedding, Vaidehi felt nostalgic, but also wistful. Her wedding had been perfect for her, as it was, but she did long for the love that was evident between the two couples. She could almost see flashes of what her life would look like if Raghuveer loved her. And although they had their ups and downs, maybe it was just the environment making her feel this way, but she truly felt hopeful. Unknown to her, Raghuveer was following her every emotion. He kissed her temple softly, promising to fulfill her longing. 

As the couples descended the mandap after the wedding, Radhika and Shraddha put on their slippers, but the grooms were still waiting for theirs. The grooms' younger brother had enlisted Avinash and Raghuveer to help him and his cousins in protecting the grooms' shoes in the jootha chupai rasm. They pulled out two bags, smiling widely at their success, but as they pulled the shoes out of the bags, their mouths dropped open and everyone began laughing. In each pair of shoes, there was one of the groom's shoes, but the other was a fluffy, glittery, pink slipper with 'Bride's husband' written on the soles and front. 

Vaidehi had been the mastermind behind this prank and had gotten the slippers custom ordered in advance. She couldn't control the evil smile that crossed her face as she saw Radhika and Shraddha clutching their stomachs, with tears of laughter pouring down their faces, while their husbands looked torn between being embarrassed and joining everyone in the laughter. Even Raghuveer's jaw dropped open at the sight. He was confident in their plan to protect the shoes, but it looked like they had underestimated his wife again. She turned out to be more shaatir than anyone had expected. 

Vaidehi took out the two shoes she had hidden and stepped in front of her jijus. Maitreyi and a few of Radhika and Shraddha's distant cousins, who had helped her, joined her. She stretched out her hand. "Paise do, aur joothe lo," she said, eyes twinkling. Still chuckling, the grooms' parents placed money and a gold ring in their hands, which they handed over to Vaidehi in exchange for the slippers. "Vaidu, baaki dono pink slippers kaha hain?", Shraddha managed to ask through her laughter. Radhika looked at her in shock. "Tune telepathy kabze seekhi? Vaidu, mujhe bhi batao." 

"Sabr rakh, baaki slippers, aur kuch extra gifts, tum donon ke rooms mein mil jayega." The trio cackled on cue, sending a sharp sense of fear into their husbands' hearts. Vaidehi had also ordered matching bathrobes, eye masks, towels, and more that matched the slippers. She had a feeling her friends would make good use of them. Raghuveer leaned down to her ear, speaking only loud enough for her to hear. "I didn't know you could be so sinister, wife. Much as it pains me, I have to congratulate you for one-upping us." She flipped her braid over her shoulder, "Thank you, aur bohot kuch cheezein hain jo aapko seekhna hain mere baare mein." "I will thoroughly enjoy learning everything about you, darling."

During the vidaai, she hugged her friends tightly for several minutes, strictly controlling her tears. When she finally stepped back, Shraddha complained, "Dekh Radhi, yeh ro bhi nahi rahi hain!" "Kamini, maine tumhari vidaai mein kitni royi thi? Aur tum toh ek bhi aansoon nahi baha rahi!" "Haan, kyunki tum dono ne itne roye the ki mere hisse ki aansoon bhi cheen kar roye the, toh ab mere kuch aansoon bache hi nahi rone ke liye." "Yaar I'm going to miss your punch dialogues." "Haan toh tum kaha door jaa rahi ho. Waise, jijus, jab bhi aapko apni jhalli aur chuhe biwiyon se break chahiye, beshak mere paas bhej dijiye." She turned back to her friends. "Ab dekh, hafte mein kam se kam ek baar milenge hum." They whined at her teasing, but gave her and their families one last hug before departing with their husbands to their new homes.