Chapter 31

Sorry, this past week has been really crazy (personal stuff)! So, I had to take a short hiatus from updating, but here's the next chapter! It's not yet edited, but I thought I'd post first, then edit.

They took the brownies to the theatre room, and greedy hands eagerly grabbed at them, although their attention was still on the movie. There was only about ten minutes, so Akshu settled on the couch and began debating what movie to watch next. As Vaidehi was leaving Veer held her wrist, still seated on the couch. "A coffee, please?" Vaidehi nodded. He was in luck that she needed to make herself a coffee as well. Preparing their coffee and plating two more brownies, she took them upstairs to their bedroom. 

Vaidehi's social quota for the day was severely depleted, and she just wanted to relax in her room. Setting the mugs and plates on the table in front of the couch, she smiled that her husband wasn't here yet. Of course, she would try to avoid him until she was ready to face him again, but she knew her time was running out. Speaking of the devil, two arms wrapped around her waist from behind and Veer nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck. "Mmm, finally that idiot movie is over, and I can be with my wife." He began peppering kisses along her neck. "Chodiye," she whispered. "Kabhi nahi." 

She turned in his arms and pushed him away, rushing into the bathroom. Why was this becoming a pattern? Another reason she had come upstairs was because she desperately needed to change her sanitary pad. Stepping outside, she found her husband ready to pounce on her. Raghuveer backed her against the wall and caged her in his arms, feathering his lips from her ear, down her jaw. "Ab batao biwi, why were you running away from me all day?" "Nahi bhag rahi thi," her voice was barely a whisper. He nipped her lightly on the neck. "Jhoot mat bol." He chuckled deep and low. "Kal raat se sharmagayi kya, meri jaan?" 

She turned her head to the side, blushing, only giving him more access to her neck and collarbone. "If you shy away from me so much now, love, umr bhar kaisa chalega. I have so...many...more...fantasies to play out." He wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer, and at the same time pushing her against the wall, as he finally kissed her. Gasping, Vaidehi pulled away after several minutes. He swiftly picked her bridal style, stealing her breath again, and settled them on the sofa, with her sitting in his lap. She clasped her hands loosely around his neck and dipped her face against his shoulder, unable to meet eyes with him. 

She could feel the vibration of his chuckles under her fingertips, and it was somehow comforting. "Oh, jaana." He kissed the top of her head while stroking his thumb on her waist. But he wasn't satisfied just holding her for long. Soon, he dipped his head and began placing light pecks along the side of face and neck, his hand simultaneously sliding under her saree and up her leg. When the callous of his thumb rubbed against her inner thigh, she jerked and placed her hand on his wrist, stopping his progress. "Rukhiye." "What happened, love? Are you sore? Or you just don't feel like it? Actually, I was going to prepare a bubble bath for this morning before you ran away, let me..." She shook her head, her nose rubbing against his collarbone. 

He put a finger under her chin and tipped her face up, concern clear in his expression. "What is it, baby?" He pecked her nose. Vaidehi blushed. As if it wasn't enough that her husband was being all romantic and making her shy, but she had never imagined she would be telling him this under these circumstances. "No, I'm on my period." Veer smiled. "That's why I tasted brownie on your lips, sneaky woman." She punched his chest and hid her face again. "But you made them, so you deserve an extra piece." He tipped her face up again and lingeringly placed a kiss on her forehead. "Is that why you were shying away from me? You know you can tell me anything, jaan, and I especially want to know if you're not feeling well." 

His hand was still on her leg, but rubbing soothing circles above her knee. "No, that's not why. I don't have a problem telling you, I'm just not used to it." Veer gripped her chin lightly and touched his forehead to hers. He murmured against her lips with a growl emanating in the back of his throat, "So, I was right, you were shying away from me because of last night. Does that mean the world's bold queen becomes shy just for me?" Vaidehi tried to get off his lap at his question, but he pulled her back down, hugging her closer. "Love, you'll be the death of me." 

Vaidehi prayed in her mind, "Bhagwan-ji, bacha lijiye, my heart can't handle this anymore." "First, let's enjoy our coffee and brownies. And then you're going to let me take care of you, sweetheart." While Vaidehi held the coffee mug in her hands, letting it warm her, Veer held her close on his lap and fed them both brownies, while also sipping his coffee. He didn't let her walk afterwards, but picked her up and gently placed her on the bed, stroking her hair. "Do you want to change, meri jaan? Or a hot shower or a heating pad? Do you take any medicine for the pain?" She shook her head, "I just need the heating pad, it's in the second drawer in that nightstand." Handing her the heating pad, he lay down on the bed beside her. "You've been running around all day, and you're sore from last night, too. Have you been cramping a lot? And where does it hurt more?" 

Vaidehi turned towards him and snuggled closer, a little embarrassed, but also so flattered that he cared that much about her. "The soreness troubled me at first, but I got used to it, and the cramps are really getting stronger now. I mostly feel them in my lower stomach, but my sometimes my legs ache when I work too much." "Are your legs aching now?" She shook her head. "Who told you to help cook breakfast and make brownies? You could have asked any of the servants or family members to do it. You could have asked me to do it. And why didn't you tell me when I asked you to make coffee?" Veer sounded frustrated that he had troubled her. "Gussa mat hojaiye, theek hoon main. Mujhe karna tha, kyunki din bhar aaram karne se bhi main bohot bore ho jaati hoon." 

"Hmm, all right. But now, only aaram. And here, show me where your belly hurts." He slipped his hand under the edge of her saree onto her stomach, laying it under the heat pad. She held his hand and shook her head, "No." "Kyun, baby?" She just shook her head again. "Don't feel self-conscious, my love, I love every part of you. Didn't I show you last night? Now let me massage your belly, I promise it'll help you feel better." He kissed her eyes, her cheeks, her forehead, her nose, and finally her lips. Massaging her stomach below the heating pad, he pulled her closer and ordered her to sleep. Finally, Vaidehi let the heating pad and motion of his hand soothe her, relaxing into a deep slumber.