Chapter 30

Here's a silly chapter- I thought it was funny when writing it (and still kinda do) but wasn't sure how everyone else would feel, so let me know what you think!

Setting her chocolate milkshake aside, she flipped her phone, which had the picture she had taken that morning, and flaunted it in front of her Bhabhi. Vaidehi's eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand. As if it wasn't enough that she was still too shy to face her husband, now her sister-in-law had incriminating pictures. She blushed hard before smacking Akanksha on the shoulder. "Kanku, you cheating witch! Did you take that this morning? And who gave you permission to sneak into our room." "Please Bhabhi, not Kanku." 

Akanksha shuddered as the horrendous nickname left her mouth. "But yes, I took it this morning. And I didn't sneak in, technically, because it was necessary. Maa was worried when you didn't come downstairs for so long, and when I first knocked and called, you didn't open the door. I got worried, too, and picked the lock. Then, after clicking this gorgeous picture, I made a whole bunch of noise and pretended to wake you up like it was the first time." Vaidehi huffed and narrowed her eyes. "So proud of yourself, aren't you." "Of course, Bhabhi, but don't worry. I won't do anything to you, you've done so much for me, that would just be evil. This baby is for blackmailing Bhai." 

Vaidehi snatched the phone out of Akanksha's grip, and she whined, pouting. Vaidehi ignored her, zooming in on the face of her husband and smirking. "You're absolutely right, Akshu. Your brother needs to be taken down a peg or ten, so I'll help you, because I would dearly love to see this happen." "Oh my god, Bhabhi please, yes! That would be so great!" "But, we have to split the profit 50-50, and don't you dare try to backstab me." Vaidehi lifted the phone out of her reach and her finger hovered over the delete button. "It won't even take me a second to delete it." "Bhabhi yaar, I said I wouldn't na! Please help me!" She pouted, and Vaidehi laughed, handing the phone back. 

"Ok, so we need to extort something from your bhai, but what should it be?" "Hmm, I didn't think that far. A car? Jewelry? Or ooohh, a customized Lady Dior?" "No no, that's too simple, and it wouldn't affect him much. He would get you all of that without blackmail. No, we need to do something, that would really irk him if he found out. To be safe, I think we should stick with money." "Ok...but what do we do with the money?" 

"I have an idea for that, too. Radhika recently received a great little property in Mussoorie. It has beautiful grounds and two houses, a larger manor type home and a smaller villa, but they've been sadly neglected of late. She wanted to make it into a girl's retreat, a place for us to escape to and hang out together, but I thought we could take it a step further. We could make the villa a girl's retreat for all of us to use, like amongst all the women in our three families, but make the manor home a women's shelter. The money we get can go towards renovations and setting up the shelter. It would make it seem less like an extortion and more like Robin Hood." 

"Bhabhi, you're a freaking genius, I love you!!! But should we tell Bhai about the shelter?" "Hmm, we definitely could publicize it amongst our families. They would support us and provide more funds. But I don't want to publicize it to the world. It should be a safe haven for women to live in peace and rebuild their lives. If the shelter becomes too known, then the very people who the women are trying to get away could come running right to them. But don't worry about the girl's retreat, it'll stay a secret. My friends and I will handle that." Vaidehi winked at Akshu.

"Ding!" "Oh, the timer went off! Brownies are ready!" Vaidehi plated two brownies and placed them on the little café style table with two chairs at the far end of the kitchen. It was an aesthetic way to provide seating in case anybody working in the kitchen got tired. She poured her brewed coffee from the dish on the stove into a large mug and brought it over as Akshu took a seat across from her. She sighed in relief taking the first sip. Instead of having her coffee earlier, she had given it to Veer when he had asked for a second cup. The women raised their forks and clinked them in cheers. "Bhabhi, these brownies are too good! Btw, aap bade mazedaar prankster hain." 

Vaidehi gave an evil smile. "Bacche, yeh prank nahi hai, full-out saazish hain. Par haan, main prankster queen bhi hoon." Saying that, she flipped her braid off her shoulder. They both devoured their brownies ultra-fast, Vasidehi to satisfy her craving, and Akshu because that was just her style. Now, Vaidehi intended to savor another brownie and her coffee in peace. Akshu was eyeing her coffee, so Vaidehi slid it over. "You didn't have coffee or chai after lunch, and now your body is craving it huh?" "Yeah, actually, I got my period yesterday, so..." "Batana chahiye tha, tumhare liye kuch special banati thi. Actually, maine bhi issiliye brownies banayi." "No Bhabhi, the milkshake, brownies and coffee are totally hitting the spot. Acha hua hum dono ke cravings ek hai. But I'm sorry I stole your coffee." "Koi nahi, bas paanch minute, phirse banaungi. But first, let's dole out these brownies amongst the rest of the kiddos."