6. "i'm your love."

Sanghyeok sat quietly by himself at his bedroom window, glancing out at the wall of Jaehyun's house with a blank gaze. He missed his friend. Something inside him wanted to message Jaehyun and ask him to come over, but his father was in a particularly bad mood and had resorted to grumpily isolating in the living room. Jaehyun could effortlessly sneak over, but overstaying his welcome could put him in a lot of trouble.

But at that point, Sanghyeok didn't care.

Sanghyeok picked his phone up, checking the time before dialling Jaehyun's number. The phone buzzed in his ear until his friend finally picked up. "Sanghyeokie, what's up?"

Sanghyeok was quiet for a bit before letting out the softest of sighs. "Let's have a sleepover tonight."

"H-huh? So suddenly? It's 9pm already, my mom wouldn't agree."

"I'm just next door, Jaehyun. Can you... can you please come over?"

"You said that it'd be weird if we slept over..."

"I'll let you hold my hand."

"I'll be over in a minute."

Jaehyun hung up, and Sanghyeok smiled, putting his phone down and standing up from his bed. He could simply get Jaehyun in through the front door, but he first had to check if his father was asleep on the couch. He quietly left his room, peeking down the corridor into the living room. His father's head was tilted back, snoring to indicate his unconsciousness.

Sanghyeok quickly moved over to the door, unlocking it and waiting for his best friend. Jaehyun eventually came out, grinning as he waved his hand. Sanghyeok hurriedly ushered him in, closing the door as Jaehyun silently took his shoes off. With a sharp inhale, he grabbed Jaehyun's hand and led him to his bedroom.

Jaehyun didn't utter a word until Sanghyeok closed the door behind them and locked the door. He smiled, tossing his bag to its usual spot beside the door before making himself comfortable on Sanghyeok's bed. "Why the sudden call? Are you okay?"

"Jaehyun, your feelings for me have been antagonising me," Sanghyeok said, causing Jaehyun's smile to fall immediately. "I told myself that we won't be able to be together because... you're just a friend to me. But... I can't do it anymore. I like you so damn much, Myung Jaehyun. I love being liked by you. You've been my greatest support for as long as I know, and... I want to be with you."

Sanghyeok avoided Jaehyun's eyes, tearing up with emotion before exhaling nervously. He knew Jaehyun would, without a doubt, accept his feelings, but he still somehow felt nervous. Jaehyun stood up from the bed, stopping just in front of Sanghyeok. He used his hand to raise Sanghyeok's head, cupping the other's cheeks with a small laugh. "You mean so much to me, Lee Sanghyeok. I'm glad you like me back."

Sanghyeok leaned into Jaehyun's arms, smiling as the other gently hugged him close. His heart went wild with happiness, fear, and joy all at once - oh, how excited he was to be with Jaehyun. The taller separated from the hug, putting a gentle hand to the other's cheek, asking permission for the obvious with a silent gaze. Sanghyeok simply nodded, unable to stop the smile from forming on his lips.

Jaehyun leaned forward, expertly tilting his head to kiss the other, lips connected in the sweetest of embraces. Sanghyeok panicked almost immediately - having his first kiss taken by his best friend wasn't something he imagined to happen, but he was glad that Jaehyun seemed to know what he's doing. The kiss remained sweet and simple for a mere moment - before Jaehyun initiated an unfamiliar action.

Sanghyeok pulled away at the sensation of Jaehyun's tongue touching his own, his face flushing a bright red instantaneously. "J-Jaehyun...!"

"I'll be gentle, I swear," Jaehyun said, putting his hands to Sanghyeok's waist as he pulled him closer again, pressing their lips together in another act of warmth. Sanghyeok didn't know what to do as Jaehyun pressed his tongue past his lips again, so he opted to mirror the other's actions, which seemed to work.

Jaehyun pulled away, breath heavy as he smiled at the other. "I can't believe you just made out with me."

"Th-that's what 'making out' is? No wonder it felt weird..."

Jaehyun chuckled as he kissed the other once more, pressing his lips gently to his lips for a mere second. "Does this mean you're my boyfriend now?"

"What else could it mean, Jaehyun?"

"You really like me... right?"

"Yes, I like you."

Jaehyun held the other in a hug, hands wrapped around Jaehyun's waist warmly. "You're... everything to me, Sanghyeok. I'm glad you're my love."

And Sanghyeok was happy to be Jaehyun's love.

"That son of yours... my goodness, even as a fresh adult, he's still so frivolous."

Mrs Myung laughed as she placed the cup of tea in front of her husband, seating herself beside him on the floor by the coffee table. "You know how it is to be young and in love, my dear. Jaehyun's experiencing his first love, and clearly, he's very excited about it."

Mr Myung sighed, shaking his head as he lifted the tea. "I'm such an amazing father. Had he had any other parents, he would've been thrown to the streets for liking a boy. There's nothing wrong with it, I suppose - I just wish he stops talking about how much he likes Sanghyeok."

"Oh, Sanghyeok is simply a delight to he with," Mrs Myung smiled. "He's got good manners, he's very smart, he's very funny, and he's got such a pretty little face! I think he's perfect for our sweet Jaehyun."

"I'm surprised Jaehyun openly told us he liked someone - teenagers usually keep those kind of things to themselves, don't they?" Mr Myung hummed as he sipped from his tea. "Jaehyun never listened to a word I said before, but at least he's behaving now. I'm glad he settled down well - even if he's still living with us."

"He helps around the house, so it's fine."

Mr Myung chuckled, lowering his teacup to the table. "I'm quite glad we never pressured him to go to university. Clearly, he'll do things in his own time."

She smiled, patting her husband on his shoulder. "That's my man."