7. "you did that...?"

So Jaehyun and Sanghyeok started dating, but Jaehyun didn't blurt the news to anyone just yet - he was well aware of the person he was dating, after all. However, he was still so extremely excited about finally being with the boy he liked and couldn't really hold back on not being lovey-dovey. Sanghyeok sat at the far end of the skate park when he arrived, eyes focused on his phone while Dongmin and Donghyun spoke with another. Seeun was there too, but Jaehyun didn't know if he was looking at his phone or listening to the conversation.

Jaehyun pressed a quick kiss to Sanghyeok's crown, smiling as the other flicked around in shock. "Wh-?! Oh, you scared me."

Jaehyun laughed, patting down Sanghyeok's hair as he sat down beside him. "I thought you'd be used to it by now. Sungho's at work?"

"No, he's off, but he didn't come to the park today," Dongmin answered, turning to face the other. "You're back awfully late, aren't you? It's nearly 4pm - what happened?"

"Oh," Jaehyun gave an awkward laugh, "I, uhm... I stayed up late playing video games, so I was a little tired, and I got permission to head back home, s-so..."

"Tell them where you were, Jaehyun - it doesn't matter," Sanghyeok said with a chuckle as he stood up from the lunch table. "I'm just going to the bathroom for a moment."

Sanghyeok left, and the other three kept their eyes on Jaehyun expectantly. Jaehyun glanced down, cheeks burning slightly as he cleared his throat. "W-well, I slept over at Sanghyeok's house and... we..."

Donghyun gasped softly. "You did that."

"What?! Are you insane?! I could never violate my sweetheart like that!" Jaehyun exclaimed with a scoff. "In any case, no, we didn't do any of that. He told me how he felt and now... we're dating."

The boys gasped in shock at the sudden news. Seeun held his hand out to the other, clasping Jaehyun's hand as he pulled him into a fiery bro-hug. "I knew you could do it, Jaehyun hyung."

"You're not lying?!" Dongmin exclaimed, eyes widened in surprise. "You and Sanghyeok hyung - dating. Really?! For real?! There's just no way."

"I didn't think you'd be Sanghyeok hyung's type," Donghyun hummed, glancing over at Dongmin. "And to think that Sanghyeok hyung said that he would never date anyone for a while - now look at him. He's actually dating the guy he rejected."

"I know, I was shocked too!" Jaehyun exclaimed, clasping his hands together tightly. "I like him so much, man. Love him? I dunno yet - all I know is that I have very deep feelings for him, and I just want to... love him. Is that normal? To love someone this much?"

"You've been a hopeless romantic for as long as I've known you," Dongmin chuckled, resting his head on his crossed arms. "I'm sure that even Sanghyeok would appreciate your romantic ability."

"Is Seeun romantic?"

"We're both T types - it's a miracle in itself that we got together in the first place," Dongmin replied with a laugh. "Seeun is still quite sweet, which is why I like him so much."

Jaehyun chuckled as he glanced over at Donghyun. "We won't even question why Donhyunnie might stay single forever."

"What if my future partner doesn't like my fish? I can't choose love over my corydoras," Donghyun replied with a quick shake of his head. "But this isn't about us. Why does Sanghyeok... like you?"

"I asked him last night," Jaehyun began, "but he told me that he had liked me all along. He just couldn't bear to tell me because of two reasons. One, he found it funny, apparently. Two, his father is ever so slightly homophobic. They're very strict, which is why we're never over at his house to hang out. It's a hassle to get him out of the house nowadays, but I keep sneaking in because he doesn't care."

"You're still climbing the rooftops, huh?" Dongmin chuckled, earning a raised eyebrow from his partner. "The reason why Jaehyun gets funny looks from his neighbours is because two weeks ago, he shouted on his roof that he was in love with Sanghyeok. We were all hanging out at his house at the time, too, and he climbed up there like a madman and just started yelling. It was so funny how his father was shouting at him."

"I really don't care because I had to say it, or I'd overthink it," Jaehyun said with a shrug. "When I'm in love, I need to go straight in with no regrets. I didn't want to think about it - otherwise, Sanghyeok's lack of romantic interest at the time would've made me think I would never have a chance."

"You're really not his type," Donghyun hummed, "but I'm glad for you, regardless. Don't mess it up."

Sanghyeok returned from the bathroom, sitting down beside his boyfriend while shaking his hands to get rid of any remaining water. "So you told them, I assume?"

"Congratulations," Dongmin smiled, ruffling Sanghyeok's hair with a laugh. "You're dating the second biggest loser in the group, well done."

"Second?!" Jaehyun yelped. "Wait, who's the biggest loser, then?"

"Fish tank guy over here," Dongmin replied, pointing his gaze to the sleepy boy beside him. Donghyun frowned, but didn't really refute - he clearly agreed with Dongmin. "Jaehyun also said that you slept together."

Sanghyeok slowly turned his head to the other with a frown. "I didn't say it like that! He's lying! I just said that I slept over at your house! Jeez, Dongmin, I told you that I'd never do that to my Sanghyeokie."

"We all know that it'll eventually happen," Donghyun said as he stood up. "Anyway, Mister Brightwater Skateboard Park Assistant, I want to rent a skateboard for the day."

Jaehyun stood up, pressing a soft kiss to Sanghyeok's cheek. "I guess I have to get back to work before Yongguk hyung scolds me out. We can go for smoothies when I'm done with my shift, okay?"

"I'll ask my mom if I can sleep over tonight - it's been a while since I asked," Sanghyeok added. "You should teach me how to skate again - it's been a while."

Jaehyun chuckled as he walked after Donghyun. "Maybe after work."