8. "try not to fall off."

It was nearly 7pm and Jaehyun was given the task to close up the park for the day. Yongguk had already left, leaving Jaehyun and Sanghyeok all alone together in the skate park. Jaehyun locked the backroom, stuffing the keys into the bottom drawer behind the counter, and walked over to Sanghyeok. "Ready for your lesson?"

"Lesson?"

Jaehyun nodded as he lifted the other off the funbox, pulling him over to the junior training section. "You wanted to learn some skateboarding, didn't you? So you can just try moving forward on my board. I'll protect you if you fall."

Jaehyun guided the other onto his skateboard, holding onto Sanghyeok's hands as the other positioned his feet carefully. "Which way do I stand?"

"You just slightly slant your body. Feet face to the side of the board, chest is diagonal, and face ahead. Like that, correct."

"Oh, that's how yo— oh, I've got it!"

Jaehyun laughed at Sanghyeok's adorable excitement. "There we go! Now, use your left foot to push yourself forward — not a lot, slowly. There we go!"

Sanghyeok stopped himself, nearly falling backwards off the board, but Jaehyun helped him stand upright again. He held Sanghyeok's waist gently, eventually snaking his arms around his waist to hug him. Sanghyeok leaned into Jaehyun's grip, raising an eyebrow as Jaehyun lifted a hand to his chest.

"What are you doing?"

"Feeling your heartbeat. You love me."

"Mhm. I do."

Jaehyun released him, walking after his board and kicking it up. "We should get going before your parents throw a fit."

Sanghyeok hurriedly grabbed Jaehyun's wrist, stopping him in place. Jaehyun raised an eyebrow as Sanghyeok stared into his eyes, clearly hesitating to do something. "I want to be more confident in our relationship, so I have to do stuff like this too."

"S-stuff? Stuff like what...?"

Sanghyeok stepped forward, tilting his head as he quickly connected their lips. Jaehyun paused, physically feeling his heart rate skyrocket. But with his heart, his excitement grew as well, tilting his head to happily return Sanghyeok's rather nervous kiss. The other's hands were shaking ever so slightly, causing Jaehyun to pull away with a small smirk.

"Come on, Sanghyeokie — if you're gonna be confident, have the confidence to match it," he teased, tilting his head as he peppered soft kisses to Sanghyeok's lips. "When it comes to kissing, you have to be shameless. Like this."

Jaehyun dropped his skateboard, simply grabbing Sanghyeok's waist with one hand to pull him closer. Sanghyeok yelped in surprise, shutting his eyes tightly when Jaehyun planted a sweet kiss once more. That unfamiliar tingling sensation returned as Jaehyun's tongue pressed past his own. This time, he was more familiar with it, but it still felt strange.

Sanghyeok was the first to pull away, not even realising the iron grip he had on Jaehyun's hoodie. His cheeks were flushed a pretty pink, body warm with excitement. "Why are you so good at kissing...?"

"I dreamt of kissing you like this, Sanghyeok," Jaehyun spoke against the other's lips ever so gently. "All I wanted was for you to love me — being able to do this is simply the best cherry on top."

"Do you want to kiss me again?"

"Of course — what can we really do when your parents watch us like hawks whenever I'm over?" Jaehyun chuckled, hugging Sanghyeok closely. "I love you, Sanghyeokie. My sweetheart. My beloved partner. My boyfriend. My future husband."

"Okay, maybe not husband."

"Shhh... a man can dream."

Sanghyeok could only ignore Jaehyun as he danced all on his own at the far end of his room, beatboxing to himself as he popped random dance movements to his own beat. Sanghyeok shook his head, finally looking up at the other with a shake of his head. "You're embarrassing."

"Ayo, Sanghyeok!"

"Oh, my God, no."

Jaehyun laughed, dropping his body onto his bed with a laugh. "Just kidding, just kissing. It's a miracle that your parents let us see one another."

"Maybe they sent me over because they don't want to deal with either of us."

"Wise move, because I'm full of energy right now."

"Well, I need you to calm down a little — I'm actually a little tired."

Jaehyun moved to lay on his side, gazing into Sanghyeok's eyes for a moment before shifting closer. "Is it okay to sleep in the same bed as me?"

"Why not? Are you planning on being weird?" Sanghyeok asked with a laugh. "I know we're just going to cuddle, so it's fine."

Jaehyun rested a hand on the other's waist, moving closer until he and Sanghyeok laid as close as possible, sharing their warmth in the most loving way. Sanghyeok felt bad for always pushing Jaehyun's feelings to the side — now that he observed the situation much closer, he could see that Jaehyun had genuine feelings for him — perhaps it was love. As he let Jaehyun hold him gently, he felt his eyes falling as sleep slowly consumed his body.

"Sanghyeok-ah."

"Mhm?"

"I'm so glad you feel the same."

"Does it make you that happy? What if I had never ever accepted your feelings?"

"I would do my best to fix our relationship — because loving you, at that point, would've been a mistake."

"Wh—" Sanghyeok opened his eyes, frowning at the boy in front of him. "You would've regretted loving me?"

"If liking you caused you so much discomfort, I would've felt bad for growing feelings for you," Jaehyun replied. "I would've done my best to... forget my feelings. I wouldn't want to be with you knowing that my feelings for you make you uncomfortable. I'd always like you, but your peace of mind matters more to me. I would hate to make my best friend uncomfortable. Although, I doubt you'd want to be my friend after rejecting me harshly—"

Sanghyeok raised his head, pressing a gentle kiss to Jaehyun's lips for a short moment before letting out a soft sigh. "Don't overthink it. Otherwise, you won't just be an idiot in love anymore. I love it when you mindlessly love me."

Jaehyun laughed slightly as he nodded. "Fine — I'll be your idiot in love."