Chapter 2

Now.

"Be nice to him, you twat," Calum told Michael, his boyfriend, while playfully punching him on the shoulder as they sat down at the lunch table with Luke trailing behind.

"Its not my fault he's an easy target." Michael whispered into Calum's ear jokingly, not wanting the youngest boy to hear.

"Its not my fault either," Luke mumbled with a pout while crossing his arms over his chest.

Luke didn't mind the teasing from Michael, he had grown used to it by now. Michael was dating Calum, and Calum was Luke's best friend, which meant they were always together, whether Michael was with them or not. The only thing was that Luke was a grade below the other two, just starting his sophomore year. Luke had met Calum freshmen year when he was placed in an upper class, and ever since then they'd been best friends.

Michael had never been exactly fond of Luke, their relationship was complicated. I mean, Michael didn't hate him, but he didn't exactly love the boy. The problem was that Luke had always acted younger than he was, and he was also extremely innocent, not to mention clingy. Michael often got annoyed by the constant tactic and whining to cuddle with his boyfriend. But at the end of the day, they were all still friends.

"Maybe if you stood up for yourself some more, and you know, grew some balls-"

"Why? I already have balls, and they aren't fun. Why would I want another set?" Luke asked, innocently, also genuinely confused.

"Oh my god, it's an expression you-" Michael paused for a moment as he watched the younger boy open up his lunch box pulling out his sandwich, "Is that cut in the shape of a star?" Michael spoke, trying not to laugh.

Luke blushed, setting the food down for a moment, "Yeah," He said while shielding his face with the sleeves of his sweater, "I like stars," He mumbled, barely audible against the fabric.

"Wow," Michael said, trying not to be mean, because he could tell when enough is enough for Luke.

"Calum," Luke said, now even louder than his normal speaking voice, "Tell Mikey to stop being so mean," He whined.

"What! I didn't say anything!" Michael said, making Calum chuckle.

The kiwi boy ruffled Luke's hair playfully, wrapping his arm around him and pulling him into a small side hug, "He's just a big meanie," The older boy reassured.

-----------------------