Chapter 16

"I swear to god, if you guys embarrass me I'll.. I'll.. Well I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good," Luke spoke, trying to be intimidating, but failing as he resembled a small kitten.

"Wow, I'm so threatened, we gotta watch out for this one Cal," Michael joked, making Luke roll his eyes.

Calum, Mikey and him were all walking down the sidewalk on there way to Ashton's house. When Luke delivered the news that they were able to meet Ashton, both boys were ecstatic. Luke on the other hand, not so much.

Yes, he was blissful to be able to prove his friends wrong, but at the same time, he was worried. Michael could write an entire story just about every dumb thing Luke has done in his life, Calum could write four. They were his friends, and Luke trusted them, but not in this moment.

It wasn't that they were excited, they were just impatient. Both boys didn't really believe that this Ashton guy was real, and if he was, they didn't have a very good vision of what he may be like. They pictured a buff hairy guy, one that still lived in his parents basement, or on the bad side of town. Neither of them thought that Ashton would be good for Luke.

He had a feeling in his gut that Michael was going to do something to make Luke cringe for weeks, that was just Michael.

"Please don't make fun of me," Luke spoke while opening the door, "D-Daddy I'm home," He yelled into the house.

Michael bit his lip to stop a laugh from falling out. He wished he could say he was surprised, but he wasn't, this was all such a Luke thing to do. Michael just shook his head, looking around the house without looking to obvious about it.

"Hey Lukey boy, how was school?" Ashton asked while standing up from his desk, closing the lid of his laptop before walking over to Luke.

Calum swallowed hard as he saw the man, he expected Ashton to be different. When he saw the size of his muscles he felt almost intimated. Michael felt the same way, but he would never let it be obvious. If it wasn't for Ashton's massive smile, Calum probably would have ran out of the house. They expected a buff guy, but they didn't think he would be this perfect medium of muscular and comforting at the same time.

"I'm Michael, and this is Calum," The galaxy haired boy spoke happily, "We're your boyfriends only friends." Calum blurted after, making Luke huff.

"I'm well aware, hm, it's a good thing I like you two already," Ashton said with a big smile.

"T-thanks si-"

"Oh god, don't call me that, I'm only a few years older than you, you know?"

Michael mumbled a "sorry sir" then a "shit" under his breath, which Ashton barely even heard. Luke wishes he would have warned them to not swear, but he also had a feeling that they would swear just to mess with him, or at least Michael would.

The curly haired boy could see how nervous the two were, so he spoke out of pure entertainment, for not only him, but Luke, "So Luke here said you guys both think bad of me?"

"No!" Calum yelled, "I mean, we were just looking out for Luke," He said while ruffling Luke's hair playfully.

"What the fūck dude?" Luke spoke while pushing his hands away.

"Luke." Ashton warned while giving him a "remember what we talked about" look.

The guilty boy blushed, trying to change the subject, "Anyway... now they know that you're not a bad guy," Luke said while chuckling nervously.

Michael bit his lip, while turning away before mumbling, "Yeah great guy that's gonna punish Luke later."

Luke heard him, and he was sure everyone heard him because he doesn't know how to be subtle for the life of him. They could all sense the awkward tension in the air, Luke cringed at it. It wasn't that Ashton wasn't trying to be awkward, it was mainly Calum and Michael, they were trying to hard to relate to the man, and it just made Ashton feel like he was meeting his son's friends, not his boyfriend's.