Chapter 6

Luke takes in a deep breath, letting the brisk air around him wander into his lungs. A grey lonesome rock collides with his foot each step he takes, trailing in few feet in front of him for miles. Luke's eyes watched as the large glowing sphere rose slowly into the dull morning sky. Casting sunbeams in every direction while it illuminated around his lanky body. The morning sky was Luke's favorite element of scenery, it never failed to make him feel complete. Everything was calm, not even the birds were singing their usually melodies. It was almost as if he was in a ghost town-

A hard kick on Luke's desk made him jolt awake quickly, startled. The boy's blue eyes widen in shock as he scanned around the room, everyone was looking at him. He was not having a nice morning walk, instead, he was in physics class. A familiar rosy color formed on his cheeks as he snapped his head down towards his small hands to avoid anymore humiliation. This has been happening more than usual lately, because of the lack of sleep he was receiving at home. Luke wouldn't be surprised if he got kicked out of the class soon, he didn't even know what they had been discussing for the past week.

"Mr. Hemmings," The teacher who was still stood in front of the blond's desk spoke sternly, "Since you are just enjoying my class so much, how about you answer my question," He spoke while crossing his arms over his chest. He gave the boy one of those typical teacher smiles, the ones that know exactly what they are doing when they ask a student a question, and they know exactly that the student doesn't know the answer.

The sixteen year old rubbed his blue eyes tiredly, "Huh?" He asked confused.

"Oh right, you were asleep when I asked that," He spoke, making Luke have to resist rolling his eyes, he knew that would just cause more trouble, "Think back to last week, what was the formula for velocity?" The man had a look of amusement written all over his face, making Luke feel angry, "You should have learned this in 7th grade as well."

Luke stared at the teacher, his eyes begging for some sympathy, but he didn't get any. Luke just woke up, he was in no state to even add two plus two, and he was supposed to be remembering the formula for velocity? Besides, if he supposedly learned it in 7th grade and was expected to remember it, then why even bother teaching it again. Luke hated all sciences, and was only in this class because his good grades in every other class, his guidance counselor put him in, and he had zero say in it. A few people around the room shared some chuckles- Luke wasn't dumb, he knew they were laughing at him.

"You tell me," Luke mumbled sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood to ease his embarrassment.

"Hm," The teacher hummed with a look of satisfaction on his face, "You see class, this is what a future college dropout looks like," He says while pointing at Luke, making a few students laugh, but most of them looked at Luke with sympathetic glances, "Sleep at night, not here," He finished while walking away.

Luke just pouted, because he still didn't know the goddamn formula for velocity. Luckily for Luke, he had slept for a good portion of the class, and the bell had rung through the his ears. making him quickly rise from his seat. Also, lunch was next, which meant Luke could possibly sleep some more if he wanted to, one period was not enough to rest for tonight, Luke thought.

The lunch room was crowded so Luke contemplated on whether he should even eat today or not. He wished his school had open lunch, so he could escape and nap outside were it was quieter, but he couldn't. Besides, Ashton was taking him out later and if he ate now, he might not even be hungry at dinner. He stood up on a chair searching through the loads of people for Calum, or Michael. But knowing them, they were probably together making out at the table. Luke let out a sigh of relief when he saw Calum- which as usual, had his body leaning against Michael's, Calum playing lightly with Michael's fingers.